'Nashville' on CMT & HULU for Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Jun 12, 2016.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From The Hollywood Reporter:

It's further evidence that TV is more about streaming these days.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Is it about streaming or about having the program be accessible in multiple ways? I think multiple ways more than anything...

3. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yes, "multiple ways" is what helps pay the bills so the show can continue because it makes the show more accessible. But streaming kinda is what makes it "multiple" as compared, say, to 1996. [​IMG]

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Compared to 1996 a lot has changed. The original post made it sound like something had changed this year as compared to 2015. In this case it is a show that moved from one linear network to another that happened to keep their replay contract intact with a non-linear provider.

Oh look, a show moved from broadcast to cable! Wasn't that happening in 1986? :)

5. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Sure but in a post in the Bunch of cancellations thread I reported:

The story referenced in the first post here said:

I interpret that to mean that CMT was already in but it was the streaming rights issue that had things hung up. Let's face it, the "cord nevers" weren't watching it on ABC (after all ABC dropped it) and aren't going to watch it on CMT. I'm not sure that about as many ABC viewers won't go to HULU rather than CMT.

In any event, as usual money is the issue.