1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville, TN ABC affiliate will not air the "V" series

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by xmguy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I just saw on tv today that WKRN the Nashville, TN affiliate will not air the new series the "V" on it's MAIN station. Which is the only one that DirecTV and Dish carry. It's telling people that they can watch it on NashvilleWX OTA 2.2. That's bad for people like me who do not have an OTA antenna for getting the sub channel. I just hope it's carried on Hulu.

2. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    What is the reasoning for not carrying it?
    Did the say?

3. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Looks like they are airing some local "Titans on 2" sports program thing. :rolleyes:

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    There appears to be no explanation, just an announcement. They're showing a Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher talk show. Local cable carries the subchannels and it will be available OTA. Fisher's talk show will probably bring them as much or more cash as "V" up against "NCIS". I expect we'll see more of this in the future, but in this case it is a former bankrupt Young Broadcasting station operated by Gray Television, the Debtor-in-Possession.

5. bicker1

bicker1 Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2007
    Yes, unlike a lot of what I see a lot of viewers complaining about, this sort of thing (affiliates opting-out of certain programs) does hold the prospect of making viewers' lives exceedingly more complicated in the future. Viewers would really be much better off if they had a more direct line to OTA broadcast network programming, instead of through a local affiliate, as they have with cable networks. It really argues for a separation between entertainment (which perhaps eventually will be the sole provenance of cable) and local news, features, and information (which is clearly best handled by local affiliates).

6. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    This is one of the problems that argues for the allowing of subscribers to LIL's in a given DMA to have the option of also subscribing to DNS IF local channels to not carry the FULL Network schedule.

7. Nov 1, 2009 #7 of 18
    xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    For Nashville, TN ,ABC, DMAs. WKRN will air "V" in November 4th, 11th and 18th on it's MAIN channel at 12:05 AM to 1:05 AM. It WILL NOT air on NashvilleWX as previously advertised! It also says it will air with delay (what ever that means)

8. Nov 1, 2009 #8 of 18
    phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Well, it sounds like the public pressure is getting to them.

9. Nov 1, 2009 #9 of 18
    IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    Wonder if ABC told them, let us know by Nov 3, if you want to be an ABC affiliate, or an independent station.

10. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Sure glad ol' Bud left Houston :D

11. stsrep

stsrep AllStar

Mar 10, 2007
    So how are we,D** subs,supposed to set our DVR's to record this when it doesn't appear in the guide??

12. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Manual recording.

13. Bluto17

Bluto17 Legend

Jan 31, 2007
    Green Bay, WI, area viewers had the same issue last night. A weekly Packers show pre-empted the "V" pilot. They are going to air the pilot at 11pm Saturday.

14. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I think WKRN is owned by Young Broadcasting who are bad broadcasters!

15. Terry K

Terry K Legend

Sep 13, 2006
    They have more regard for the viewer than a certain ABC affiliate in Missouri (Springfield). If KSPR pre-empts something, they refuse to reair, their solution is watch it online.

16. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I'm overjoyed Young Broadcasting is bankupt!

17. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Legend

Oct 11, 2007
    Who cares?

18. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    The problem with delayed is, most stations that air on a delay cant air in hd.
    Here in New orleans, one station that airs delayed, airs it in hd. The rest have to do so in sd.
    I guess sd is better than not at all