1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Natgeographic

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by transplant, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transplant

transplant Legend

Dec 22, 2005
    I have Dish 120. They are running natl geo for free until the 12th. Is there any way to get Natl geo without going to 180? I don't want all the junk that comes with 180, but I would like to have Natl Geo.

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Nope, you can't just have National Geographic, you have to take the whole package.

3. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002

Transplant,

If you enjoy the National Geographic there are a BUNCH of Discovery Channels (Discovery Times, Science Channel (Love this one), Discovery Home), that you would Love. Those combined with the Encore Channels (Speed OLN) and several others for me, make Top 180 a MUST HAVE.

The other choice is to get DirecTV National Geographic is in much cheaper package, but if you have HDTV DirecTV does NOT yet have National Geographic HD.

John

4. jldhawk

jldhawk Legend

Apr 9, 2006
    You can keep National Geographic on the 120 package, just not in HD, RIGHT?

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    No ... the regular and the HD NatGeo are only in AT180/HD Gold.

6. geno58

geno58 Cool Member

Jan 14, 2006

James, this has nothing to do with this thread, but, I wanted to compliment you on your nice logo for today. "Let's fly on the 4th" What will be more appropriate than launching the Discovery shuttle on the 4th of July. ----The biggest fireworks display of them all. Good luck Discovery crew!!! :D

7. jldhawk

jldhawk Legend

Apr 9, 2006
    OK, thanks for clearing that up, I misunderstood the channel line up.
    AND I agree, I can't wait to be able to watch the Launch in HD on HDNET.
    I thought for sure this was going to get delayed again, to a day time when I am working.
    Good Luck NASA Crew.
    God Speed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.