1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Geographic Wild

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Rikinky, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rikinky

Rikinky Legend

Mar 4, 2010
    Fox Reality Channel Choice Will be re-branded to National Geographic Wild on March 29, 2010. (Wikipedia Source).
    Where is it?
    I guess this was more Bullcrap lies and empty promises being feed to everyone. and this isn't even a HD Channel.
    For everyone holding their breath on anything new. ..... Well ....:hurah:

2. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    Google is your friend.

3. Rikinky

Rikinky Legend

Mar 4, 2010
    HuH?:confused:

4. radiomandc

radiomandc Legend

Jul 22, 2009
    Look at the guide. They are scheduled to switch over this evening like around 8:00pm. Most channels when they flip formats debut during prime time. Stay calm.

5. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
  6. rrrick8

rrrick8 Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2007
    My guide shows no such thing.

7. bamaweather

bamaweather Icon

Jan 18, 2009
    The switchover occurred on many providers at 8am ET/7am CT. Is DirecTV still showing Fox Reality?

8. Rikinky

Rikinky Legend

Mar 4, 2010
    Yes it is channel 250. and I see nothing in my guide about it switching this evening.

9. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    Who cares? It is just a name change. The channel is still there.

10. lee78221

lee78221 Godfather

Sep 25, 2007
    Is it? I went to http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals And it says "Tell DirecTV you want NatGeo Wild"

11. radiomandc

radiomandc Legend

Jul 22, 2009
  12. bamaweather

bamaweather Icon

Jan 18, 2009
  13. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    When did Directv ever promise Nat Geo Wild? You sure get worked up over TV.

14. Rikinky

Rikinky Legend

Mar 4, 2010
    It's the principle of falling up with your promises and release dates. Here is another joke according to the same source. ESPNUHD is supposed to launch wednesday March 31st, however we all know by now that this isn't going to happen. So when they boast about all the capacity, and HD Channels, and blah blah . and don't provide what they are boasting it looks real stupid and just plain silly to be honest. And before all you guys respond with this famous phrase" That was before the delay of D12" we all know they have the capacity right now to add a handfull of channels that they originally promised. Anyway all I'm saying is that this whole anticipation stuff is getting pretty old when it seems that as of lately it's hard to take anything to the bank that is being said that is "coming soon" . If your telling everyone your going to do this or that at a certain time than make it happen. If you know ahead of time that there is a chance it won't than shut your mouth! Geez!. Wake me up when something actually exciting has happened. :sleeping:

15. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    I guess I just don't get it. It's not like a promised kidney transplant not showing up on time, it's just entertainment.

16. Rikinky

Rikinky Legend

Mar 4, 2010
    If you were paying for a dialisis for your kidney every month and the hospital promised to bring you the necessary supplies but instead never fell thru with it wouldn't you be a little upset? Now obviously this analogy is a little extreme however for us Home Theatre and entertainment junkies or anyone who pays good money every month to their Satellite or Cable operator, I guarantee it matters to them. Just a thought..:rolleyes:

17. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Show me where we were promised Nat Geo Wild? If you are so upset over "promises," then you might not want to ever get on the internet again...it's full of rumors and promises.

18. Rikinky

Rikinky Legend

Mar 4, 2010
    Ok maybe the word "Promises" is stretching it a bit. with D* lately anyway. However it was posted on Wikipedia and I also saw a commercial for the channel not to long ago. Anyway another prime example in recent adds from D* they are implying that the following channels are availible in HD. Travel Channel, Cspan 1, and 2, Goltv, Msnbc to name a few. These channels were placed in the High Def Channel lineup in several Sunday Newspaper Adds and once again not only is this false advertisement it is also gas in the fire to those who have been waiting for Travel Channel and others of the like for a couple of years now.:(

19. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I am confused??

Show me where DirecTV so much as mentioned this channel.. If they have, I certainly haven't seen it.

I think it would be best to just understand that there will be NO new HD channels until D12 goes operational. That has been repeated over and over again and is the only comment that matters.

I find it difficult that people can get worked up over this when in fact DirecTV has made absolutely zero comment about this channel. In fact the only "official" statement made so far about this channel came from the channel itself where they said they were in negotiations with both Dish and DirecTV. Even they didn't claim to have a carriage agreement as yet.

So what is the issue here? Your desire for instant gratification on this channel has no basis in reality.

20. Rikinky

Rikinky Legend

Mar 4, 2010
    The channel is scheduled to launch in the United States on March 29, 2010, replacing Fox Reality Channel. National Geographic Wild's official website says the switchover will occur at 8:00 AM EDT. Quote from Natgeo Wild Wikipedia
    and Directv Wikipedia states the same. But let me guess I can't believe what Wikipedia says right? So let me see I can't believe Directv, Wikipedia, or 98% of the rumors that fly. Sad! I guess we will get what we get when we get it, and have to except it. Bottom Line. Afterall were just the paying customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.