1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA 2008-09 - League Pass Thread

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sigma1914, Oct 22, 2008.

1. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I thought we could get a master topic for NBA-LP since there are a few floating around. This is my first time to sub the package. I'm curious as to how the broadband feature will work & how we get signed up for that. Also, is there home-away feeds this year?

Note to mods: If you could merge old NBA-LP topics in here when you're free, that would be great.

2. mark h

mark h AllStar

Sep 17, 2006
    Last year if you had NBALP you access games on your computer. You also get AUDIO LEAGUE PASS. This year I dont know looking a their ALL ACCESS it does'nt show video. Only AUDIO LEAGUE, WNBA video & audio.

mark

$10 more too.

3. hdthebest

hdthebest Godfather

Sep 10, 2007
    As long as 99.9999% of the games are in HD I will be a very happy basketball fan.

4. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Same here but I wish we could have duel feeds so at least we had one HD feed per night.

5. GC71388

GC71388 AllStar

Mar 12, 2007
    Are we sure we arent getting dual feeds? There are a ton of league pass channels in the guide.

6. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    I don't think we're sure yet one way or the other. It's up to the NBA to allow it. As you note, enough channels have been allocated so that D* is good to go if they're allowed to do dual feeds.

7. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    There are 18 game channels dedicated to NBALP. With a max of 15 games/night, it would make sense that they wouldn't dedicate that many channels unless they are gonig to offer dual feeds.

8. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks for alerting me to that. I had not counted the LP channels yet.

9. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    Or maybe D* was thinking ahead but still haven't been given the go ahead to do so. Hopefully

10. jazzyd971fm

jazzyd971fm Godfather

Sep 1, 2007
    Thanks for the update, keep us informed. :)

11. mark h

mark h AllStar

Sep 17, 2006
    Checked on their website again and the games will be available on broadband if you subscribe to NBALP.

mark

12. sox junky

sox junky Cool Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Week 1 of the NBA League pass schedule is posted at directtv.com... Looks like the dumb-ass NBA is not allowing dual feeds yet. More Standard Definition crap when HD is readily available...

13. sdpadres

sdpadres Mentor

Sep 7, 2004
    Satelliteracer, Can you provide the latest status concerning dual feeds for the NBA League Pass? The season begins tomorrow night, so if is going to happen it should be finalized you would think. Thanks for your insight in advance!

14. BruinsHockey08

BruinsHockey08 Legend

Sep 29, 2008
    Cranston, RI
    Well if you guys don't get dual feeds I want the center ice channels back, we could use them more than you if its a single feed on LP

15. mravn

mravn New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    I had LP last year, but after looking at their up coming HD schedule, I did not renew since there are too many SD broadcast...I no longer watch any sports in SD.

16. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    even if they are not going to offer dual feeds they should at LEAST offer the feed with HD if there is one available!

17. NewMexiCat

NewMexiCat New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Yes, the first week schedule is not encouraging with a bunch on SD crap!

Where is Mark Cuban on this? As an NBA owner and one of the biggest proponents of HD, he should be raising hell!

NHL CI is skating circles around the NBA and its inferior product. If the NHL can get it right, there is no reason the NBA can't do it as well.

And there should be no bandwidth issue, either. The HD feeds are out there for those who can receive them. WTH?

18. spunkyvision

spunkyvision Godfather

Oct 12, 2006
    At the very least we should get the Audio we want. I never understood why the SAP couldn't be used to get the announcers we want. As a non-celtic fan I find them to be the absolute worst homers for commentators.

19. bwaldron

Oct 24, 2005
    There's no logical reason, really. The only thing I can imagine is that the league (or Turner, who is handling the marketing/programming for NBA-TV and League Pass) doesn't want to antagonize cable companies (who generally lack the bandwidth to offer dual feeds) by letting satellite have a better package.

Not allowing dual feeds on carriers such as DirecTV that are willing to show them is a fan-unfriendly move on their part...and not a very smart one, IMHO.

20. bwaldron

Oct 24, 2005
    As a color man, Tommy Heinsohn certainly is as big a homer as you'll find. But Mike Gorman (play-by-play) is a pro and keeps that stuff to a minimum on his part. In my book he's one of the more underrated announcers out there.