NBA League Pass 2015-16

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jw_rally, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    It looks like pricing is out for the 2015-16 schedule.

$199.99 for complete package
    $119.99 for a single team pass
    $6.99 for a single game

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

2. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    I doubt that DirecTV or any of the other providers will offer the Single Team Pass option. I hope they do but I doubt it. They might offer the Single Game option though, since D* already has a PPV billing system setup it should theoretically be quite easy. I think the single team options will probably only be offered via NBA Digital (League Pass Broadband) on PC, mobile, connected devices [Xbox, Roku, Apple TV etc.]. We shall see though.

Most providers (cable, U-Verse, FiOS) use In Demand anyway which already pre-packages the games for them and I feel a Team Pass would be very hard to offer and manage the back end since the teams games are on different "TEAM 1-10" channels constantly and are sometimes even joined in progress (JIP). That is unless they drastically change and overhaul the system.
    DirecTV of course doesn't do LP via In Demand so they might could possibly manage to offer the other options..

3. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    U-Verse it not useing the pre-packaged feed they had like 10+ HD channles (may be RSN remaps)

4. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I might consider the single team deal if its offered via DirecTV.

5. Sep 9, 2015 #5 of 24
    coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    League Pass is now on sale through D*, as suspected they are NOT offering the 'Single Team Pass' or 'Single Game' options this year. Exact same pricing as last season for the full package, $199.95 in full or 5 payments of $39.99.
    http://www.directv.com/sports/nba

The 'Single Team Pass' and 'Single Game' options will only be available via the NBA LP Digital platform, more details at http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/

[TWEET]639567781575426048[/TWEET]

[TWEET]639121017609302016[/TWEET]

6. Sep 9, 2015 #6 of 24
    TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I thought they were required to offer it based on the lawsuit ?

7. Sep 9, 2015 #7 of 24
    George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    Rat, I thought that the single team option only applied to the settled lawsuit with the NHL about NHL Gamecenter. Some thought that the single team option would trickle down to other sports packages, but apparently it hasn't trickled down to the DirecTV/NBA package as of yet.

More interesting to me is that last year, the NBA offered a package where subscribers for a reduced fee could have access to a maximum of 5 different teams' games. My understanding is that this year, for that same reduced fee, you only get access to one team's feeds. Found that to be a big bummer.

Grew up in Akron, so I'm a big Cavs' fan. Don't watch the NBA very much other than watching Cleveland, so I don't want to pay for a whole package. I can still get Cavs' feeds, but I don't get 4 others that I could pick like last year, and thus have access to Cavs' rivals such as the Bulls, Heat, Spurs and Warriors. Got all of them in addition to the Cavs' games last year, but won't now if I understand correctly.

8. Bobwhite

Bobwhite AllStar

Nov 29, 2006
    Did anyone notice on the September bill that if you don't cancel the auto renewal before the season starts that you are on the hook for the entire $199 with no pro rate for cancellation? I got the package for $100 last year, but canceled this year prior to the season. The rep didn't refute the no pro rate either.

9. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    They put it on mine for automatic renewal when i had called monthes ago to remove. I called again to complain and they gave it to me for free without asking them

10. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Nothing new, it has been this way fro many, many years.....

11. Bobwhite

Bobwhite AllStar

Nov 29, 2006
    Maybe they are now enforcing the policy than, because I cancelled NFL Season Ticket once the season had begun and was not charged. I've been with them since '98.

12. SChonson

SChonson New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    On my newest bill I see a "NBA League Pass Auto Renewal Notice" but it's $0.00.

Should I call to cancel or try to get a deal here? I don't want to pay the full price for it.

13. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    if you don't want to pay full price then cancel, if they offer a better deal then take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    of course the first week (or two) where the service is offered free of charge to all subs don't count. After that is where the policy applies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  15. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    Just curious. Has anyone called to try to get a reduced price on League Pass? The pre-season games have started and we are two weeks away from the start of the regular season!

Also, I was able to link my account to stream the pre-season games on my Roku.

16. SChonson

SChonson New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yes and they aren't budging. I called to have the monthly $39.99 monthly charge cancelled and they told me it was. I look on my account and see that it's still there. So I guess I have to call them again.

17. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    They told me since i was a valued customer they would give it to me for free with no strings attached . Got my bill and they charged me
    Called customer service and he read the notes verifiying i was suppose to ge free. He said i dont know what that guy was thinking we cant give free stuff out. I hate att with a passion dtv always use to give free packages. I will find a new tv provider. Att ruined dtv

18. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Dont get rid of them yet. First level CSR's never know what is going on and they are right. First level CSR's cant give anything worth having.

19. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I kinda did... I called to cancel my 4 premiums and order LP... They gave me my premiums with a $30 credit for 6 months, thus making LP only $20.

20. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Sorry how do you tell what level csr is and how do you go higher up level?