NBA League Pass Black Outs in DFW

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Brad Harris, Nov 30, 2019 at 8:44 PM.

1. Brad Harris

Brad Harris New Member

Saturday
    I am a Rockets fan who has been living in Dallas for several years. How come during the free previews of nba league pass the rockets are available on att sports southwest, but as soon as those end they are blacked out on attsw? I am guessing it’s because of territorial black out/ but then I don’t understand why it’s available during the league preview. If I got the league pass would I be able to watch the rockets? The Astros are available in dfw on attsw and you don’t have to go through xtra innings.

2. sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    I would think the Rockets are considered your local NBA team therefore you wouldn’t need NBA League Pass which is only meant to get the games out of your area. You would be blacked out from your local games via the League Pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    See NBA League Pass Blackout | NBA.com
    For Dallas (75001) the tool states: "When you are in ZIP Code 75001, you may not be able to view any live Dallas Mavericks games or nationally broadcast games on NBA League Pass."
    Enter your own zip code to see if results vary.

4. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    he's in North Texas, so therefore only the Mavericks games are blacked out on NBA League Pass. unless the Rockets are playing the Mavs (which would be seen in North Texas on FSN Southwest, or the national games on TNT, ESPN or WFAA channel 8 (local ABC station in the DFW area) would be the only way to watch that game in North Texas otherwise the Rockets should not be blacked out in North Texas.

basically, the Rockets should not be blacked out unless he's in the primary market for the Rockets. the DFW area is the primary market for the Mavericks.

Sent from my Coolpad 3632A using Tapatalk

5. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    In Dallas, you would NEED NBA LP to watch the Rockets. During the free preview, everyone nationwide can watch the Rockets. After the preview, only the Rockets territory would get the games locally (and blacked out on LP) and everyone else, including Dallas, would need NBA LP to watch them. You would not be able to watch the local ATTSW feed when they are playing the Mavs. It doesn't matter if you can watch the Astros, every sport technically has their own territory boundaries. Some just happen to be the same, like here in New England. With teams in OKC, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston, one should expect the boundaries to be different with the NBA.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Mavericks are the only nba team for falls area. So you need league pass to see any other team

For baseball they have totally different territories. I believe the astros and Texans both cover almost the entire state because they where in two different leagues. And that isn’t going to change now that they are in the same league because no one is going to give up any rights. Baseball territories are all screwed up everywhere imho.

7. Visman

Visman Legend

Feb 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Here is a map of AT&T sports view area for Rockets and Astros EB0CCE28-92FA-4CDF-A7A8-3D1D691F392E.jpeg