NBA LP deals?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Jbdaws, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jbdaws

Jbdaws New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    I know it isn't basketball season yet but it is coming and I'm just curious. Since I've been reading about all the deals people get with Sunday Ticket, was wondering if you guys have got similar deals/offerings for NBA League Pass?

Ive had it for 3 years now I usually call before it reups and get some kind of small discount $15 off maybe, but nothing like what I read that people get with Sunday Ticket. It could be that they have more pull being a big sponsor of the NFL.

2. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Directv pays the NFL a flat rate for an exclusive which gives them a lot of leverage to use NFLST as a giveaway since it doesn't cost them anything.

3. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    I don't recall specifics, but I know I have received discounts on NBA League Pass - maybe about $5 or $10 off a month for a total discount of $30 - $60 or something similar. That is about what I have experienced for both NBA League Pass and MLB Extra Innings the past few years.

4. SChonson

SChonson New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    When I first got LP I got $150 off. I guess I got a good rep then. The next season I didn't get such a good deal. I'm going to try and get another discount on it this next season, although I doubt they'll budge since I call every year for a discount. And I do think it's bullbird that they always offer stellar deals on Sunday Ticket but not LP. Yeah, I know they're a big sponsor of the NFL and blah blah blaaaaaaaaaah.

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Nothing to do with sponsorship. As it was mentioned, it has to with the fact that DirecTV pays a flat rate for the NFL but pays per account on the LP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jbdaws

Jbdaws New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Let's keep this thread updated on any deals once LP rolls around. I'm not holding my breath though.

7. SChonson

SChonson New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Less than a month away until the preseason!

1 person likes this.
  8. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    Automated renewal is 5 payments of $39.99/month.

9. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    Los Angeles
    http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016/08/nba-tv-schedule-released-espn-abc-tnt-warriors-cavs-thunder-knicks/

i don't get why people pay for this. with also your local team(s) there is enough free stuff out there without having to buying extra.

1 person likes this.
  10. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    If i was living in a city different than my team, I get it.... Or if you are a bettor I get it.

11. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    1 person likes this.
  12. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    In my opinion NBA LP, MLB EI and NHL CI have pretty nice value if you are a sports fan.

With regular season schedules of 82 or 162 games there are games every day or night. Considering the cost of tickets, parking, concessions, etc. to attend a game in person, I much prefer watching games in HD in the comfort my home. Considering I never pay full price for any of the packages, I am a happy sports camper all year long. If my local team stinks (as is the case with the Reds lately), I can watch other good teams.

2 people like this.
  13. buko

buko New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Anyone contacted them about any deals on league pass yet? I got a great deal on ST I wander will they work with me on LP?

14. SChonson

SChonson New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    The best thing to do is contact them in the middle of the preseason.

15. Jbdaws

Jbdaws New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Well its now preseason do you guys think nows a good time to try and get a deal? What deals are you guys going to try to push for?

16. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    They aren't even offering it (or NHL Center Ice) for purchase yet.

17. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Is anybody with an auto-renew subscription able to see the OOM preseason games? How about link their Ditectv account to the NBA app for streaming games? I can't do either?

18. cforrest

cforrest Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    Ditto, years prior we were able to see preseason games & I could authenticate NBALP on the app. I noticed the MLBEI channels are still up and the NBALP channels are not yet, looks like AT&T likes to screw their customers.

19. SChonson

SChonson New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah, 750-767 are non existant right now. Weird.

20. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    The NHL channels didn't show up until the day before. I'm sure they'll be there next week.