NBA LP free preview 12/14 - 12/20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dtv757, Dec 13, 2018.

1. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Just an fyi NBA league pass free preview starting tomorrow [​IMG]

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I received a e-mail about this earlier this week.

dtv757 likes this.
  3. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    Yay free Celtics games for me!

dtv757 likes this.
  4. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    See if you're seeing the dreaded pixelation on NBC Sports Boston again. It had cleared up. But it was worst than ever during the last game the other night, up to 10 seconds of just locking up with rainbow pixelation on the screen. This happened twice during the game and then twice right after in the short period of postgame I watched. You get the luxury of watching the other feed to fix it during the preview! They are my home team so I must always obviously watch them on NBC SB, even sometimes during TNT games.

5. AngryManMLS

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    I watched last night on BR Live which was pretty good. They used the NBA League Pass stream complete with the jumbo tron live feed during ad breaks.

6. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    If you are able to, I would love to see a comparison between the two feeds. The Directv feed on 630/7xx is terrible!

7. AngryManMLS

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    I will see what I can do come Wednesday night. From my own eyes the NBA League Pass feed used on BR Live looked a little cleaner compared to what I am used to on NBC Sports Boston. But to be fair NBC Sports Boston used to look better on DirecTV than it does now. It's like they did a bit of a bit rate drop on the channel which is why it looks very soft. Hopefully the skipping issues during Revs games will be fixed for 2019 along with perhaps a team with more desire to win.

8. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I find it hard to root for the Revs since they play in the house of the Patriots and I cannot stand the Patriots and nearly anything related to them in any way. That being said, the few Revs games on WSBK are much cleaner and skip-free. The Celtics on ESPN are fine, but many of those games are blacked out for me. TNT has been a victim of the skipping, but it is not nearly as bad as NBC SB. And the TNT games are crisper than NBC SB. And if you have ever compared the Unimas/Univision/Galavision European games that are sometimes on TNT, you know that TNT isn't always the best when it comes to sports. So clearly the problem is NBC SB.

9. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    I DVR yesterday Nets-Hawks game because I wanted to hear John Sterling called a NBA game