1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA on TNT

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by redram38, Apr 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Is it just me or is the HD on NBA games on TNT glitching way way to much. The game won't go 5 minutes without glitches. I am getting signal strength in the high 90's. I remember a couple of years ago TNT stunk on HD do to glitches but it has been ok until now.

2. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I haven't noticed any glitches tonight on TNT.

-Do you have high 90's on all sats?
    -If you rewind it, is the glitch in the same spot?
    -Do you have another receiver you could check?

3. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    Turner HD stinks, period.

Us hockey fans are putting up with a lot of the same stuff on the later night Versus games, especially if its just a picked up CBC feed from Vancouver. Tons of audio glitching and a little video artifacting.

4. stlmike

stlmike Legend

Aug 24, 2007

For me, I notice the exact opposite. Even when I pause, the picture remains clear with hardly any artifacting. It looks especially great when compared to ESPN. Blech!

5. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    So far since I got DirecTV the only time Ive watched ESPN is to see a little preseason baseball, and that was mostly in my bedroom where I only have an SDTV and receiver.

6. geoliquid

geoliquid Mentor

Aug 22, 2006
    You are not alone. It's been driving me nuts! I've had my hr-20 since august of 06. I was thinking it was starting to go. glad to see I'm not the only one.

7. geoliquid

geoliquid Mentor

Aug 22, 2006
    I just noticed you also have older DVR's. Maybe it's us folks with older DVRs? I have two hr-20/700 from 2006 and 2007. Can the people not seeing problems with TNT HD state the model HD dvr they have?

8. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Since my HR20 was replaced with a HR24 I have had no issues. The HR20 was the issue for me.

9. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    I was watching the LAL/PHX Sunday night and I thought the audio was horrible. Marv Albert's audio was coming in really soft.

10. DKD22

DKD22 Cool Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I've been getting glitches on both ESPN and TNT games. Usually these involve a breakup of the video for a second or two. This mainly affects the portions of the screen that are moving, which is frustrating, since that's obviously what you're interested in watching. Following one of these glitches, the sound may drop and won't come back unless I rewind. As a general rule, the picture will "jitter" slightly at intervals of maybe half a second for the next several seconds or so following one of the breakups.

This only happens on recorded games. I'm currently watching the Lakers-Suns game live, and am also recording it. There were no glitches in the first quarter, either live or using the buffer, but the recording has a glitch at the 10:17 mark. That glitch recurs every time I replay it.

I occasionally get minor video glitches on other recorded shows, but nowhere near the severity or volume of the problems on TNT and ESPN games.

I have an HR20/700, running the current firmware (3a8). I'm wondering whether this is a symptom of a possible hard disk problem, or whether it's something I just have to live with.

11. camo

camo Godfather

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm watching the game right now with a HR24 and still getting audio drop outs.