1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA Slam Dunk RIP.

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by yosoyellobo, Feb 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Does anybody beside me else think it should be put to rest.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    No...last night had some of the most difficult and creative dunks ever. Griffin was handed the title, unfortunately.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Normally I would agree with the OP... but last night was actually a big step up from most of my recent memory.

I still wish they would tone down the props a little... The two-backboard thing was creative... but the doll on the rim wasn't so much.

4. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I would hate to see one of these players get hurt.

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    It's 1 hour out of every year .. How many people were in the stands .. paying people? How many watched (good or bad)? Nah, this event isn't going anywhere.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Not only that... but it's more than just the hour we see on TV... I think the fans that actually attend these extra events get more fun out of it than we get in the limited 1 hour covered on TV.

They really try to make it a long event... not just a 1 day all-star game... so I think none of these mainstays are going anywhere.

7. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Clicking on this topic, once again, I was forwarded to webface.com and had to hit the 'back' button to get here.

Is this going to keep happening?

(URL that I was forwarded to in case the admins/mods want to research this was: http://mywebface.mywebsearch.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=GRxdm255&sub_id=203327_8891)

Ordinarily I would put this in another forum but I thought it might help to put it in the actual topic that I was auto-forwarded away from.

8. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Sounds like you need to run virus scan on your PC.

9. Chuck W

Chuck W Icon

Mar 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Not just that, but also a spyware scan. It sounds like you have some spyware caught up somewhere. Download and run Spybot. That usually does the trick for me.

10. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Except that it showed up on unrelated computers and ONLY affected DBSTALK (of all the places I visit). I have a thread in the Admin section with more details after it happened again last night on a computer that hadn't been used for surfing in WEEKS. I did some more digging and discovered there are a few other forum-type sites that have been hit by this. Apparently, someone got a script through Google's AdSense filters. There are no less than 4 different anti-malware/spyware/virus when I tally the different machines (from Norton, to McAffee to MSE and something else on the PC at work I don't recognize).

I apologize for the OT interruption.