NBC Boston Sports

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by OldMike, Jun 8, 2019.

1. OldMike

OldMike New Member

Jun 8, 2019
    I don't understand why Dish Network refuses to air the NBC Boston Sports Channel, when every other Sat or cable channel offer this station, except Dish !!! If smaller cable companies can afford to off NBC Boston Sports, than Dish can. They offer all the other local sports channels for other big cities, but refuse to offer the New England customers the NBC Boston channel. I mean Dish is the ONLY company that refuses to offer this channel.
    Come on Dish.....offer this channel for your New England customers !!!!!

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Offer a decent rate and DISH will carry it - as they did until August 2014.

3. OldMike

OldMike New Member

Jun 8, 2019
    They offered it until 2017 ....then contract negotiations failed.
    Like I posted, EVERYONE else carries it, even Hulu ....now Dish is a lot bigger than lots of these cable companies. They Can Afford it.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    CSN New England was dropped August 6th, 2014 - before the name change to NBC Sports Boston in 2017. (DISH had it on channel 435.)

The discussion at the time of the channel drop can be found on our site here: Dish Network drops CSNNE, Celtics’ broadcast home

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    They have never carried the Lakers channel. And every other carrier in Lakers market carries it as far as I have seen. And their market is probably the largest basketball market in the country going from San Diego to Vegas to Hawaii.

Dish doesn’t carry channels like that so they can make higher profit by saving customers a little bit more money.

You need to just find a different provider for the channel and let dish know with your pocket that they are failing you by not carrying the channel. Lakers channel is the number one reason I don’t even consider dish a tv provider. I can’t not have that station.

There’s quite a few channels dish doesn’t carry. But there’s several DIRECTV doesn’t carry either for the same reasons.

The Dodgers channel is the one channel no one carriers except its owner that I know of.

6. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Not since 2014 has it been carried. It is barely watched in New England, has one major sport basketball. Pro basketball in New England has not kept its popularity. Further, I noticed if you pay attention you can watch several Celtics games throughout the year on national broadcasts.
    They wanted a big increase in carriage fees while having dropped tremendously in viewers. I don't want the Directv added RSN fees so if it takes not carrying the more expensive of the RSN's I have no problem.

7. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    That date is not correct. And of those who carry it, what don't they carry that DISH does and in what package. I have found the Top 200 for the cost beats most other's similarly priced package. So it's deciding what is important to you and pick the provider that most closely carries what you want. Note that I would paying nearly $28+ more a month for Directv who does carry it.