1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC Cancels "My Own Worst Enemy" and "Lipstick Jungle"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by LarryFlowers, Nov 13, 2008.

1. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    NBC will cancel struggling new drama My Own Worst Enemy after just four weeks, though it's unclear if the show will use unaired episodes. As expected, Lipstick Jungle was also cut short, and is now burning off remaining episodes on Fridays.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I never sampled My Own Worst Enemy but Mrs. Shadow is a fan of Lipstick Jungle which has a good cast and good acting, but essentially three plots, one for each of the women. I don't mean three ongoing plotlines, I mean the women do the same thing every week.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I was watching "My own worst enemy" but only when I got around to it or didn't have anything else to watch. I can't say I'll miss it.

4. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    What a shame,Brooke Shields :)

5. Fontano

Fontano Godfather

Feb 7, 2008
    The concept of "My Own Worst Enemy" just never grabbed me.
    I ended up missing the pilot episode and watch half of the second episode.

I guess now I can delete the rest of the hard drive. It just never hooked on.

As for Lipstick, it was great eye-candy. But I think it just got shoved into horrible time slots.

6. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    And Knight Rider goes on!

I watched Enemy and while it wasn't great it was WAAAAAAAY better than Knight.

7. Fontano

Fontano Godfather

Feb 7, 2008
    Different Folks, Different strokes.
    I happen to like Knight a lot more then Enemy.

There is also all the $$$ aspects on it.
    Knight Rider is a product placement dream show, commercials we can't skip.

8. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I've watched each showing of My Own Worst Enemy, and find the idea interesting, but I never really thought that it was that good of a show.

Excuse me, I have to run out and buy a Mustang Cobra.... ;)

9. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    As someone else said Knight Rider is a non stop commercial and it has way better "eye candy"... seriously, Knight Riders "renewal" had a lot to do with commitments from Ford Motor Co.

10. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    And they are retooling Knight Rider, so I guess they aren't happy with that, either.

Gee, Monday at 10. Maybe they should have left Studio 60 on after all....

11. Fontano

Fontano Godfather

Feb 7, 2008
    They should have left Studio 60 on regardless.

12. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Agreed. It was finally finding legs. It could have really done well in a second season.

13. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I was looking foward to My Own Worst Enemy, but forgot to set it to record. Kind of glad I didn't waste my time with it now. And I'm surprised Lipstick Jungle lasted this long.

14. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Mr. Mehs, not everyone shares your tastes. There were those who thought that Lipstick Jungle had a real shot for several reasons. It was a prime target for product placement, and should have appealed to the same market that made Sex and the City such a smash hit this summer.

15. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    What the hell did I say to warrant that remark, Mr. Sweet? I didn't bash either show or say either one suck, so do me a favor and stop putting words in my mouth.

16. Vader14

Vader14 Legend

Sep 5, 2006
    bring back journeyman!

17. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    I watched EP 1 of Enemy and feel it was one of those ideas that was better left in somebody's mind and not actually acted out on the screen. To see Slater shake his head then suddenly become someone else was laughable at best.

18. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    I must be the odd man out as I liked MOWE. :( I thought it was pretty good and liked how things were starting to come together. Hopefully NBC will burn off what remains or it will get picked up by someone else in the NBC Universal family.

19. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I agree. Enemy is twice as good as Knight Rider. I actually made it through 2 episodes of Enemy before giving up. I only made it through 1 episode of Knight Rider.

20. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I'm bummed that show is gone .. Enemy was kinda good but it was really confusing.