1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC New Fall Schedule

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by mreposter, May 13, 2012.

1. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    NBC has announced their new fall schedule:
    Futon Critic NBC Schedule

Futon also has video previews & interviews for all the new shows. BTW, is it me, or is Matthew Perry's voice sound odd in GO ON, like he's trying to do some sort of accent?

2. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    Revolution looks okay.

3. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    Just watched the promo and might make it a while. Reminds me of the show Noah Wyle is in Falling Skys.

4. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Where's Smash?

5. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Wow, Revolution brought in some heavy hitters on the Producers side. Has a little bit of Jericho to it, I'll definitely take a look.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I think it's supposed to be back mid-season.

- Merg

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    They've ordered 13 episodes of "Revolution" so "Smash" may come back Monday mid-season which will subject it to "the cumulative effect of nonlinear viewing”.

I'm not sure what NBC is looking for in ratings.

While I'm looking forward to "Revolution" I assume the fact somehow escaped the attention of the good folks Comcast employed to run NBC that "Jericho" and virtually all other recent scifi on broadcast network TV has been a Live+same day 18-49 demo ratings bust, except for "Lost".

But maybe NBC is looking at Kripke's "Supernatural" as a win for The CW, in which case Abrams' "Alcatraz" and "Fringe" on Fox look like solid winners since they outperform most things on The CW.

I think what everyone fails to understand is anyone ages 18-49 with a strong scifi orientation who isn't in complete financial meltdown has a DVR and actually knows how to use it to avoid commercials.:rolleyes:

8. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Just realized that the Munster's reboot isn't on the schedule.
    Did a google search and couldn't find any recent news, so not sure if this one is moving forward. As weird as this one sounded, I was sort of intrigued as to how they might redo the show.

9. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    As of March, when Eddie Izzard joined the cast, it was slated for a Summer show. I'm guessing Summer 2013.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...rs-mockingbird-lane-pilot-bryan-fuller-302177

10. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    All I care about is the Thursday night comedies and would have preferred either "30 Rock" or "Up All Night" to follow "Whitney" to Friday rather than "Community".

11. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    It's too bad NBC is the broadcaster of some of these shows like "Chicago Fire" and "Revolution" they look great but are already on the chopping block just because their on NBC

12. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    sad but true

13. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    It's amazing any NBC shows survive, IMHO. :nono2:

14. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Another year of not having to tune into NBC...

Not as bad as Fox's disease, but they really have little sense for what people are going to want.

15. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    It's amazing NBC itself survives.

16. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Great... between "The Voice" and "The X-Factor", my week will be busy... :(

I have a goal of cutting down on my TV viewing this Fall... so while there may be a few of these I'll try out, I think I'll pass on most. Luckily, most of the ones that sound interesting to me appear to be mid-season, so maybe that'll help...

~Alan

17. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I've pretty much phased out all reality TV, and it seems like that's were the networks keep investing.

And the cool stuff like Fringe, Alcatraz, and anything sci-fi related seems to always get phased out as well.

At least every show that I watch on USA, Syfy, and FX seem to be lasting ... Burn Notice, Haven, Warehouse 13, Suits, Justified, and Covert Affairs.

Te only comedies I watch are Two and Half Men, 30 Rock, and Big Bang Theory, so at least they're good.

Everything else are dramas.

And I continue to be bummed about Alcatraz. Also wanted Unforgettable to continue.

18. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    I enjoy the singing competitions too much to quit...

I haven't watched DWTS this year though... I'm trying to clear off DVRs, and I couldn't fit it in. I keep meaning to try SYTYCD... don't know if I will this year or not...

I LOVE "Fringe"... so glad FOX is giving it a proper send-off. I never really got too into "Alcatraz" though. Granted, I still haven't watched the last few episodes which supposedly were very good, but I don't know...

Bummed about "Eureka", "Memphis Beat", "The Nine Lives Of Chloe King", but overall, ditto!

You do realize that "30 Rock" is only back for a 13 episode final season next year, correct?

I watch more comedies than you do, but thankfully, outside of a couple that I only sorta liked, they've all been renewed.

Aside from the cable ones listed above, the only ones I'm bummed about are "Harry's Law", "Unforgettable", and "Terra Nova." I kind of liked "Charlie's Angels" last year... it started off horrible, but it got better before it quit production... Too late though... There was one series I wanted to try, but never got around to it or else I might have been sad about it too...

I intend on cutting down this Fall on my TV viewing, so... oh well! :rolleyes:

~Alan

19. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    The Pilot for "Mockingbird Lane" films next month for possible midseason replacement.

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2012...d-the-voice-returns-september-10-128314/9789/

20. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Another Prime Network with few shows that I watch.

I see Grimm, L&O SVU and I guess Chicago Fire