NBCv2011-12 season, new shows and old shows

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, May 13, 2011.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    So far heading towards the upfronts, we had learned that for 2011-12 NBC is ordering more episodes of "Chuck" and didn't order "Wonder Woman."

Today, we are reading from many sources that the 4th ranked network has picked up "Parenthood" for a third season and "Harry's Law" for a second season.

And we are reading that NBC has ordered some new shows:

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Problem with "Playboy"; They won't be able to do the same things they do on Mad Men... they can't go to the "other" line, that cable networks and the premiums can.

I don't think it is going to work on NBC, not the right network for that type of show. (Nor do I think it would fit on CBS, ABC, CW or FOX). It needs to be on the101 ( shameless plug), or another cable network.

"Grimm".. again, doesn't fit the traditional mold for NBC. This should be something for SyFy (one of their own entities).

'Awake" similar as Grimm, should be on SyFy or USA maybe... from the brief descriptions, sounds like a 75% rip-off of Fringe.

I see all three of these being canceled after 3-4 episodes.

Undercovers, was an entertaining show... that wasn't given a chance to finish getting it's legs.

Chuck just keeps getting the shaft, and should just be given it's due. It's an established show, that will fill a full 1 hour slot for 26 episodes.

NBC really screwed up with Law and Order too... The original NY should have never been axed. LA may recover, but the 6 month hiatus really hurt... I haven't watched anything from the second half of the season yet.

Outsourced...uggh... how that show survies and other didn't.

3. kocuba

kocuba Icon

Dec 29, 2006
    Glad to hear Parenthood was picked up

4. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    The problem for the [strike]Comcast channel[/strike] ...ooops... NBC is that they won't have anything solid in the pipeline to replace them. But they are going to move outside the old mold (pun intended) to see what happens. Like whether they could actually attract fewer viewers than The CW.:sure:

5. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    "Harry's Law" & Chase, I sort of watched

Other than that I do not recall watching anything on NBC.

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't see a huge future for any of those new series. Mr. Bonovich is right; "Playboy" will be unfavorably compared to "Mad Men" right from the start.

7. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    As an addition, [strike]The Comcast Channel[/strike] ...ooops... NBC has canceled "The Event," "Law & Order: LA," "Outsourced," "Chase," "America's Next Great Restaurant," "Perfect Couples" and "School Pride." Hmmm.

8. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
  9. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    Outsourced is freaking hilarious. It fits right in with NBC's other Thursday night shows (though I wish they would have kept Perfect Couples).

10. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
  11. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
  12. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    And I guess it will be the final season for Chuck? That' sucks!

13. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    That appears to be the case. Just to put a finer point on it they are burying it on Friday. But at least they get a chance to finish up.