Need a list of ALL channels that I'm SUBSCRIBED to

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by gcotterl, Jul 29, 2018.

1. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    DISH chat-agents can NOT (or will NOT) provide me with a list of ALL channels -- America's Top 200; Local Channels; and Dish Movie Pack -- that I'm SUBSCRIBED to.
    My Zip Code is 92504
    (Note: I do NOT want a PDF; I need to import the list into Excel).
    The list must contain the Channel Name; the Channel Abbreviation; HD and or SD; the Channel Number; the type of programming.
    For example:
    Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) Channel No: 9393 Religious
    Weather Channel (WEATH) HD Channel No: 214 News
    CNN (CNN) HD Channel No: 200 News
    BYU Television (BYUTV) HD Channel No: 4369 Informational
    ABC (KABC) HD/SD Channel No: 7 Local
    Dish CD - Frequency (CD 17) Channel No: 966 Music
    Where can I get this info?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  2. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    You're not going to get that easily, especially something with specific fields and descriptions that may not match what you expect. (i.e. UP and INSP are still listed as religious by many providers, even though their religious programming is now limited to early morning, and good luck to anyone who tries to use any label but Entertainment for any basic cable channel that isn't news, sports or family/kids)

Dish's website automatically includes channels that are in free preview mode in their online listing, and things change so frequently that the PDF they would have sent you is already outdated. (i.e. due to the Univision dispute, many additional Spanish channels are now available to most subscribers, and recent additions like Newsy and Recipe.tv won't be in the PDF) The East/West arc and Hopper/non-Hopper channel differences also complicates things, along with some additional channels that are only available if you have a setup capable of getting the 118 slot.

If you insist on having something Excel friendly, you're probably going to have to do it yourself. Just use their latest PDF file as a starting point, and check James's uplink report threads or the lineup on his website jameslong.name to verify if any additional channels you have on your guide are in preview mode.

3. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Thanks, KyL416.

I can't convert Dish's Channel Line-up PDF file to an Excel (or CVS) format.
    I can't copy the data in Dish's Channel Line-up PDF file and paste it into an Excel file.

On jameslong.name website, using "DISH Network Channel List (Channels 1-999)", "DISH Network Channel List (Channels 1000-9999)" and "Quick List of Local Channels and EPG Data", how do I identify which channels are in the America's Top 200; Local Channels; and Dish Movie Pack?

(My Zip Code is 92504)

4. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    May I ask what the point of this is? Just curious...

5. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Yes, you may.

I want to create a new "customized channel list" containing channels that I'm interest in.

Having a list of ALL channels (with Channel Names; Channel Abbreviation; HD and/or SD; and Channel Number (and, maybe, the type of programming) that I subscribe to will give me a master-list from which I can create my new list.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I make no attempt to list channels by package on my website. I had manually updated pages about 10 years ago, but they are a pain to update.

BTW: When I created lists I did them by reading the PDFs on DISH's website.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    By reading from old sites/posts … each personal subscription is a set of records in your smart card … each record have a set/list/range of "tiers" inside of SI tables what does transmitting from sats for each channel/event ... James parsing (his program actually) the SI tables …
    Real problem is how to combine open SI tables data and hidden smart card records ?

8. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    A lot of data but no correlation. There are too many packages (including the commercial "a la carte" groups) to use the simple 32 bit "tier" as an absolute answer.

9. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Thanks... I do that with the "Favorite Channels" listing feature in my EPG. I only see the program listings for the channels I'm interested in.

10. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    you should know the system better... for old dish mayhem with H cards after year 2000 … tiers included into smart card _records_, what will define a package; tiers are parts of that

11. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    We do not discuss or encourage hacking smart cards on this site. You have been here long enough to know that. Moving on ...

12. BobCulp

BobCulp Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Colorado...
    I make my own Dish channel list on excel for my use. I made 3 pages, one for by channel (5-9999) , 2nd by channel name, and 3rd for satellite degree #.
    Many of the shopping channels are seen up to 4 different channels, so I put channel number in column A-D and channel name on E for excel page. It takes some time to get started and finish, then updating is very quick channels do not change a whole lot now as they did years ago.
    I think it is very difficult what channels are free vs subscription. THE GUIDE is very helpful only for HD and SD, that is about all the guide is good for.
    DISH website does have a list of channels by package.

13. MrWindows

MrWindows New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix,...
    It depends on whether the PDF was created from an image or from text; you can actually copy/paste text from a PDF into an Excel file.

14. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    Yes, depending on the attributes of the PDF.

You might also have luck copying and pasting the web based Guide into Excel, then deleting channels you are not interested in.

15. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Press GUIDE on your remote.

The receiver is the best source of to what you are currently subscribed.

16. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
  17. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Are the channels shown in "My Channels" only the channels I'm currently subscribed to?

How can I get a list of the channels in "My Channels"?

18. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    I can't see any of those links, it looks like you linked to some private note you made on the Dish forum. Can you provide some examples of the differences?

But there's various reasons, some might be 118/121 only channels, hopper/non-hopper differences involving some interactive channels and other things like RSNs/Sirius/International which are folded into subchannels on Hoppers, newer channels that were added but not yet listed on the pdf and site, pay to play/ad channels that might not be listed on the lineups, and the free preview thing involving a bunch of Spanish channels due to the Univision dispute.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  19. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Channel-numbers in My Channels but not on AT200 line-up card, Dish Movie Pack or locals:

34, 46, 71, 72, 73, 81, 85, 86, 87, 94, 95, 105,101, 144, 145, 153, 155, 165, 178,197, 213, 222, 223, 224, 228, 245, 261, 269, 271, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 282, 283, 284, 292, 298, 349, 393, 403, 440 thru 466, 471 thru 474, 477 thru 597, 822, 826 and many more

20. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    34 and 46 were your Univision and UniMas locals, they're in a contract dispute right now so they're not listed in the locals lookup.

71-95 are paying to be carried/shopping channels that are in every package

101 is Dish 101, a channel that everyone gets (it's actually free to air, so anyone with a DVB compliant receiver with a Ku-band satellite dish pointed at the correct slot can see it)

105 is USA Network, it's in AT120 and higher

144 and 145 are the ESPN alternates, they're mostly only active during the College Football season when ABC and ESPN have regional coverage

153 is MLB Strike Zone and 155 is NFL Network Red Zone, they're not in AT200, they're in Multi Sport, if Dish does what many other providers do, they keep the sports package channels listed in the "My Channels"/"Channels I Get" guide for non-subscribers like they do with PPV channels.

165 is Great American Country, it's in AT250 and higher, but it's currently in free preview until 9/4

178 is Nicktoons, it's in AT250 and higher, but it's currently in free preview until 8/14

197 is National Geographic, it's in AT120 and higher

213 is the Local Weather app

222-230 are paying to be carried/shopping channels that are in every package

245 is BUZZR, it's a recently added channel that's in nearly every package

261 is EWTN, a P/I channel that's in every package

269 is FAITH, another paying to be carried channel that's in every package

271 is Multimedios, one of the channels being offered in place of UniMas East, which is in AT200 and higher

274-278 and 282 are pay to be carried/shopping channels that are in every package

283 is Newsy, a recently added channel that's in AT120 and higher
    284 is Recipe.TV, a recently added channel that's in AT120 and higher

292 is Epix Drive In, it's in AT250 and higher, but Epix is having a free preview weekend from today until 8/12

298 is the Premium Showcase app

349 is a mirror of the Dish Studio channel

393 is Pursuit, it's a pay to be carried channel that's available in every package

403 is ESPN Goal Line, it's in Multi-Sport, but is treated the same way as Red Zone and Strike Zone

440-466 are the RSN alternates, if your local RSNs have multiple games on at the same time, the overflow game appears on one of these channels

477 is the NHL Network alternate, if you're blacked out of a game on the NHL Network, you get an alternate game here
    478 is the MLB Network alternate, if you're blacked out of a game on the MLB Network, you get an alternate game here

480-535 are PPV channels, they always appear under My Channels

541-587 are out of market sports packages, most providers treat them like PPV so they appear in the My Channels list

588-591 are the BTN alternates, during College Football season you get bonus games on these channels most Saturdays
    592-595 are the Pac-12 alternates, carrying regional games from the Pac-12 Networks
    596-597 are the SEC Network alternates, mainly carrying overflow games from the SEC Network

Most of the 800s are likely Univision dispute related since they opened up a bunch of the other Spanish channels and added INFO channels where the Univision channels used to be.

There are a bunch of other P/I channels in the 1000+ range, and you might see the original homes of your locals and HD channels that are mapped down to their regular numbers.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018