Currently, we've got a VIP622 which is connected to our main (67" Samsung) TV, and also provides signal to our bedroom standard def TV. We also have a 311 receiver connected to our standard def TV in the front living area. My stepson is moving back home this weekend, and bringing his 40" HDTV with him, which we want to add a second HD-DVR to. After speaking to Dish, we can add a second HD-DVR (722K) at no cost, and an additional $12.98 per month (which stepson will pay). This will also provide signal to his sister's SD-TV. (Actually, he will get the current 622, and the 722K will probably go to the main set). So far so good. The catch being, I had anticipated upgrading to the 922 as soon as it became available. however, if I add a receiver now for my stepson, I won't be able to get a 922 for 12 months. I asked if I would be able to pay an "Upgrade fee" to get one, but was told my only option would be to actually purchase the 922 or wait 12 months. now if the 922 comes out in July, that's a long wait. (Of course if it were coming in July for sure, I'd just wait for it), but knowing Dish, it could be November or later before the 922 is actually available. Of course, I could probably go the route of yelling and whining, threatening to cancel, etc., when the 922 does come out and try to get one that way. Seems a little dumb that dish would want to wait, when they could get my extra $13.00 right now, and then charge me a $200.00 or so upgrade fee for a 922 when it's available.