1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help - Moving!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Cobra5wood, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobra5wood

Cobra5wood Mentor

Aug 17, 2004
    I am moving in 2 - 3 months. I have been a Directv customer for 18 months. I currently have the 3lnb dish with 4 receivers(1-hd, 1-dvr, and 2 sd's). The house I have purchased has never been wired for cable. Will that be a problem if I go thru Directv's "moving dept"? I know that they will bring out a new dish and I'm supposed to bring my receivers with me. If they will only bring a 5lnb dish(since Chicago now has HD locals), I'll need a new hd receiver. Will I have to pay for it or can I trade in my old RCA DTC-210? Will I be charged an arm and a leg for all of the wiring they will have to do? Has anyone else gone thru a similar scenario lately? If so, what can I expect to happen. I'm tempted to close out my old account and establish a new one under my wife's name and a different credit card if necessary for all of the wiring.

:eek2:

2. tonyc

tonyc Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    Anaheim,CA
    it should be no cost to you( dish & wiring/installtion) i'm not sure what type of dish for hd they will supply. i would call directv ask about the dish and see if they will give some type of deal for a new receiver if needed.

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I would guess that the free installation is "standard" installation. If the wiring is rather straight forward, it may actually be free. If you will want cabling fished within walls and such as that, I'm sure there will be additional charges. I have not been through this scenario, so I can't begin to say how much, if at all.

Also, you say you've been with them for 18 months, and have an HD receiver and a DVR. Are you still within a two-year commitment period? If so, you may incur "early cancellation" fees if you cancel before your move. Something to be aware of if it applies in your situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.