Need help with my remote for THR-22...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by bjornolf, Jan 26, 2012.

1. bjornolf

bjornolf New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Just got my THR-22 and it doesn't seem to have a code for my b&w panorama sound bar. I tried ordering one of the programmable tivoglo remotes, but it doesn't seem to be capable of controlling the TiVo. So, does anyone know how to either get the original remote to control the soundbar, the programmable remote to control the THR-22, or an alternative TiVo remote that will control both? I would just get a harmony remote, but my wife likes the TiVo remote better. Thanks so much for any help.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    The THR22 remote most likely does not have codes for your B&W Soundbar. And standard Tivo remotes won't work because the THR22 uses the same code set as DirecTV's Receivers/DVRs. You'll need to get a fancier learning remote, like a Harmony.

3. bjornolf

bjornolf New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    So really what we need is a programmable directivo remote I guess.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    You could get a universal remote and tell it your THR22 is an HR22 (it works) and then program your soundbar with it.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Not likely to happen. But any of the fancier universal remotes (e.g. Harmony) will cover your needs.