Need help with new setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by FLASAT007, Oct 28, 2017.

1. FLASAT007

FLASAT007 New Member

Oct 28, 2017
    I currently have U-verse with 7 receivers which includes the Home dvr. I’m currently paying $105 with all fees and taxes for u-300 on a promo plan that expires in two months.

BJ’s offers $200 gift card if going through them too. If I do go ahead do I wait to see if any better deals for black Friday?

The ultimate all for $75/m seems like it would be good enough for me.

If I want to switch to directv and setup only 5 TVs what is the best setup?
    Room 1 has teenager who uses dvr
    Room 2 has teenager who uses dvr
    Room 3 has teenager who uses dvr
    Room 4 has family room that uses dvr
    Room 5 uses dvr sometimes

For the 5th receiver do I take the vendor at $49 or request an hd dvr and use that in the family room?

I also don’t have any TVs with 4K and don’t plan to spend the money for New TVs.

Thanks for any insight and tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Cleveland
    Get yourself the HR-54 with 3 clients and you can add either an H-25 (non DVR) or the HR-24 (DVR) The H-25 will have the capability to record and watch recorded shows off the HR-54 but if you want additional DVR capacity get the HR-24 and both the Genie and HR-24's DVR recordings will be accessible from any room.. Just keep in mind the HR-24 is a bigger STB than the H-25.

3. FLASAT007

FLASAT007 New Member

Oct 28, 2017
    That’s exactly what I did...sadly paid the $199 for the hd dvr plus $7 monthly receiver fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Cleveland
    Yah, there really is no way around getting the 5th room DTV makes the retailers charge you for the Receiver up front... Kinda crappy but it is what it is....