Need help with Power Inserter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by AllDayBastard, Jul 31, 2020.

1. AllDayBastard

AllDayBastard New Member

Jul 31, 2020
    I have been having some signal issues lately and I have decided to try a Power Inserter. I have two DVRs. My dish/LNB is a 4 output with a built in multi switch. How do I install the Power Inserter? I have two coax lines per DVR up to the dish. Here is another question about my signal issues...I lose signal to a bunch of channels frequently, not all the time. Its almost like if there was a storm or something but the sky is clear and sunny. I have checked my signal strength and on one of the satellites I am getting 95-100 on most transponders, and then on the other 3-4 satellites signal strength varies between 40-60. Will installing Power Inserter fix this problem? I have had this setup for nearly 15 years now and just recently, last few months, have I started noticing this signal issue. THX IMG_0330.png

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Welcome to the forum.

A power inserter isn't going to work for you.

The PI is for a SWiM, which you don't have.

The low levels are the issue and the alignment would be the first thing to check.

jimmie57 likes this.
  3. AllDayBastard

AllDayBastard New Member

Jul 31, 2020
    Thank you for your quick response. I was starting to think that as well. Is there a special alignment tool I need to get other satellites in line? I believe my Azimuth and Elevation settings are correct

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    First things First --CHECK all your Outside EXPOSED RG-6 Connectors ---I suspect one ore more them are damaged --That will give those same issue's --DON"T monkey with the DISH --until you check your outside wiring first--Then if that doesn't resolve your issue -your aged LNB may be the issue.

You would Then Need a LEGACY LNB ---NOT a SWM lnb

Rich and MysteryMan like this.
  5. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Or even before this. . ..

If you have the Protection Plan, or can afford and don't mind springing $99 for a service call. Call DIRECTV for a service call and let the tech. fix it.

With the additional advantage here is that the tech will most likely upgrade you to a SWiM installation as well.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Rich likes this.