Need to disconnect some recievers... call DirecTV CSR?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Special Request Legacy Items (private)' started by sdub, Nov 15, 2007.

1. sdub

sdub Mentor

Sep 8, 2006
    My old DirecTV TiVo is set as my primary reciever, with my HR10-250 as my secondary.

My new HR20-100 is the third reciever, and the R16 is my fourth.

I want to disconnect the first two, set the HR20 as the primary receiver, and DON'T change the R16.

What's the best way to do this? Call CSR?

Also, I'm being charged a $5 fee for "leased" receiver... I presume that's for the HR20, but I never agreed to paying that fee for the rest of time. If that receiver is the secondary reciever, would it change things? Would I get charged the $5 fee AND the mirroring fee? I'm having trouble understanding my bill, b/c with all 4 receivers, I'm getting charged $5 for lease and $5 for mirroring, not $15 for mirroring like I expected. What's going on?

2. or270

or270 Icon

Feb 12, 2006
    Mirror fees are for owned receivers $4.99 Month
    Leased receiver is for the newer leased equipment $4.99 Month
    The fee is the same if you own or lease the equipment. you do not pay any double fees.

You are not charged for the first receiver on you account whichever one it is.

I believe the R16 is an owned receiver and right now we are not being charged any fee for it.

Yes you call CSR's to make the changes.

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    When you call the CSR, don't get bogged down in the R16, in fact I wouldn't even mention it unless specifically asked.

Simply call and tell them you want to disconnect two receivers, and have both the RID (if applicable) and access card number handy for them both.

Carl