1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix search option for Smart tv

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by bigwad, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bigwad

bigwad Godfather

Oct 19, 2006
    I just got a Panny 55ST30 Smart tv. Using the Roku I had, it had a SEARCH option on the front page that was easy to access and easy to use. I have switched from using the Roku to just using the tv to access Netflix.

I cannot find a SEARCH option. The shows, movies, etc, are listed in categories, but I have not been able to find the SEARCH. Does anyone know where it's located? That is, if it has one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    Hi...

The downside to TV apps os that they are usually not as capable due to lack of space, memory, and processing. More or less tv manufacturers are playing catchup to something like Roku who have been doing it for years. All my flat panels are iptv with apps...but I still use a Roku as it just works.

3. bigwad

bigwad Godfather

Oct 19, 2006
    Thanks, my son told me the same thing last night. I still use a Roku in the bedroom, but gave up the one I had downstairs when I got the new TV. After a month of using the tv apps, I wish I had kept the Roku!