Network

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by bc2021, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bc2021

bc2021 Cool Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Pardon me if this has been covered before. I thought I saw with the latest update that I can now have the HR-20 connected to the internet to connect with D*. I only have one cable behind my HR-20 and I can either have connected to the router or the phone. So I guess my question is can I now connect it to the router and have it do all the functions that it does over the phone. I suppose I am dreaming if I think I can still have the caller ID from Vonage that way too...?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    No. The HR20 doesn't really do anything over the Internet yet (like report your PPV purchases). Eventually we'll be able to remotely schedule recordings with an internet connection. I doubt you'll ever get something like Vonage Caller ID display.

3. jgrade

jgrade Godfather

Sep 30, 2006
    Buy yourself a cheap (sometimes free with rebates) 4 port switch and plug both in. Is there some reason you can't do that?

4. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Just in case, there is a RJ45 connector on the back of the HR20 for the CAT5 cable direct connection to the router or you can pick up a wireless bridge or wireless game adapter and plug it in as well as long as you have wireless setup in the home.

5. bc2021

bc2021 Cool Member

Oct 27, 2006
    I'll probably have to do something like that. Thanks for the input

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.