1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new bird.... just come look!!!!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Nabisco, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    I took my woman to the mall to get a new items and we passed a display for RC Helicopters.... super bad ass. The guy showed me how it worked and all, he flew that thing about 100 feet in a straight line!!! The model I was interested in was 75 but he sold it to me for 60 gave me his contact number if I needed anything... very cool!!! I guess these have come a long way it is made of material that wont break if you crash it... the blades you could put you finger in there to stop it( not recommended lol ). I have always wanted one since I was very little..... It is very cool but i need to learn how to turn it and go in straight lines, i got the up and down thing lol just fine.... lots of fun!!!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    My kids aren't quite old enough yet.

3. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Who says it has to be for your kids? :)

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Wait till it flies over a hill and won't come home! Before the Garden State Arts Center (don't know what they call it now) we used to go there to...well, you know. Anyhow lots of model airplane folks used to bring their planes up there to fly them around the trees and valleys. Eventually they would fly them over the hill (big hill) and lose them. Made a few bucks recovering them and reselling them.

Rich

5. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Been there, done that. I musy have been about 13-14 and my dad and I flew RC planes. I had been working hard to repair a plane I crashed and had it ready to go for Sunday afternoon. But in all my hurry getting the plane ready, I forgot to charge the battery.

Plane went up and my repairs looked like they were going to work. Then the plane just started going away. I knew right then what I forgot to do.

Lets just say I did find it, but had a lot more repairs to do.

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We had drone helicopters that were supposed to be used on destroyers. My ship was fitted out with a hangar and small flight deck for one. The Navy had the same problems with them. They'd fly over the horizon and just keep going. I guess they solved that problem, I saw an article recently that affirmed that they got them working properly. At a half million dollars apiece that was a big loss.

Rich

7. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    PNC Bank Arts Center.

But most people I know still call it the Garden State.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    My first kid was probably conceived there...:lol:

Rich

9. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Oh.

All the toys I buy are for my kids.

10. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007

Hell yeah man! I live through my kids once i learn i can show them..... and mess with the neighbors lol

11. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    There is actually a model plane Airpark just off I-95 in Laurel, MD. It happens to be near my house, and I sometimes see the planes flying around on nice Spring days when coming home from work.