1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New "Chuck!" story arc starts tonight (4/26)!

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by bobukcat, Apr 26, 2010.

1. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    Don't forget that there is a new "Chuck" on tonight (4/26) at eight. "Chuck Versus the Honeymooners" is also the start of a new 6 episode (really 5 now as the finale will be two hours) story that was added when NBC added them to the original 13 they ordered. I can't wait to see what they throw in the way of our happy couple in Europe!! :dance07:

2. Mark Walters

Mark Walters Legend

Sep 21, 2009
    Better hope somebody watches the show... or else Chuck is done. Ratings are slipping but I'll be watching.

3. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    I'm with you on that one! The ratings are pretty comparable to last season, which is not great but I'm hoping the fact that it's the highest rated scripted series on NBC will be enough to get us a season 4. Just about everyone I know watches it so I don't understand how the ratings can be so poor, but I better not get started (again) on how antiquated the Nielsen system is.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Are you sure? 30 Rock, The Office, and Heroes all rank high for NBC.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    30 Rock and The Office appeal to a different market. Heroes is gasping for breath.

The major concern for any show is the shows that it goes up against. Chuck has to go toe-to-toe with DTWS, House and How I met your mother.

Let's face it: NBC manages only a 24th place ranking for their best show each week (usually L&O:SVU)

6. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Biggest Loser is the highest rated show, currently.

7. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    "Chuck" apparently also does very well in overseas markets so that's something that also factors into whether or not NBC writes more checks.

8. Mark Walters

Mark Walters Legend

Sep 21, 2009
    I will not be the spoiler; but I can now see, as a fan who has watched every episode, why this show will not continue after this season. Could it be maybe because the show has been on repeats all month? I don't think so. I must say that was painful to watch. Wow I really do want that hour of my life back. :nono2::nono:

I feel like Casey. :mad: (not really but it's fitting)

9. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    I thought last night's take on Mr. & Mrs. Smith was awesome and had way more of the Chuck / Sarah chemistry and great comedy that I've been missing from the first two seasons. Bring on more Team Bartowski!

10. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    I'm not the ratings expert and was only repeating what I've read elsewhere. I know for certain that it does better than Heroes which has been floundering badly this season (I gave up on it this year after being pretty loyal the other seasons). I've always expected that 30 Rock and the Office would be their highest rated shows but I don't watch either one. Perhaps the right answer is that Chuck is NBC's highest rated scripted drama (is it a drama or a comedy?)?

11. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    That sure was a slow train from Paris to Zurich. In real life, that trip is just a few hours.

12. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Very shortly you will all hear that Chuck has been given another season, even Michael Ausiello of Entertainment Weekly has moved the show to the "Safe Bet" list.

I enjoy this show and am looking forward to another season... but one thing...

Zackary Levi must deposit his paychecks wearing a disguise. It isn't right that he gets to make out with Yvonne Strahovski AND get paid for it.

It's just not right I tell you...:nono2:

13. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    To be fair, the running time for the episode was under 45 minutes :D

14. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    !rolling That is HILLARIOUS!! !rolling I couldn't agree with you more!!

I really hope you and Ausiello (who is a big fan of the show) are correct about season 4. It's my favorite show and my wife's 2nd favorite, we'd be bummed if this were the end of the line for it.

15. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I'm considering a move to Texas... Via Australia!