1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New D@Home Feature

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by MikeW, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    The Customer Service section is now working on my receiver. It will let you add programming, view statements and a few other things. I noticed that Showtime shows in Green instead of Red (unsubscribed). When I hit it, it said I could order from my remote. System required a phone connection to view statement. Basically, anything you could do on the web can be done at the receiver...or, heaven forbid, by talking to a live CSR.

2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    How slow is it? I am assuming that when you try to do something your receiver needs to call into a server somewhere to get info and send info.

Its kind of neat you can order channels via your remote.

3. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    What receiver is it on? Anyone have it on a 501 yet?

4. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 24, 2002
    My 501 is still on 154 :(

5. J Rath

J Rath AllStar/Supporter

Apr 13, 2002
    I tried it on my Upgraded 3900 and it worked once but now I am getting the "A new Dish Interactive Channel is coming soon" message again. When it was working I did check out the bill feature and to answer your question Scott it does dial in and it stays online until you exit back to the Customer Support main menu. The speed wasn't too bad considering it is a modem. It would probably take me just as long (maybe a little longer) on my computer to login via dial-up, browse to dish network, click My account, login and then view statement (steps for illustration purposes). I'm sure an Internet connection better than 56K would probably be quicker, but still a neat feature.

6. J Rath

J Rath AllStar/Supporter

Apr 13, 2002
    MikeW, where did this show up at, in the guide or in the Customer Support app?

7. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    The Green on Showtime showed up in the guide. Used to be red (unscubscribed). The other premium chans are still showing red. I have model 4900 w/version P175CCJD-N. Stuff still works on mine. I don't have a phone line connected, so I can't get deep into it.

8. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    My modem on my 4700/4900 is broke, so the customer service app won't work.

9. J Rath

J Rath AllStar/Supporter

Apr 13, 2002
    Thats interesting, mine hasn't worked since that one time last night. I still get that new interactive channel message and the unsubscribed channels are still red.

10. dlsnyder

dlsnyder Godfather

Apr 24, 2002
    It also works on my upgraded 3900. Now I want to find a way to lock out the programming upgrade feature so that no one will use it.

11. J Rath

J Rath AllStar/Supporter

Apr 13, 2002
    OK now I have a question. Dish Home is not stored on the receiver is it? My Customer Support button still hasn't worked since that one time when this thread was first started, but last night Lottery was added to the Lifestyles menu. What gives?

12. DRJDAN

DRJDAN Legend/Supporter

Apr 28, 2002
    What version of software on 301 has the Dish Home?

Since 301 remote does not have a Dish Home key, how do you get it?

13. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Chan 100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.