1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New dish and HR34 installed... need help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by STEVED21, Jun 18, 2013.

1. STEVED21

STEVED21 Godfather

Feb 6, 2006
    We just had a new sl3 dish installed to replace an old sidecar dish and a new HR34 also installed. Shortly after installation the HR34 periodically has the searching for signal come up or the picture freezes for 1/2 second. It does not happen on my other 4 HR20-21.

System details:

1 new hr34
    4 existing hr20-22, one moved to a new location.
    Directv installed swm16 replacing my self installed swm8.

Hr34 on one leg of the swm alone. The line needed to be extended. The installer added length connecting with a ground block.Others on the other leg.

Three runs off the swm split with a green label spitter (previously installed)
    2 hr 20 share one of the runs split with a power passing splitter.
    2 other direct from splitter to box.

Any ideas?

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Run a system test on the HR34 and see what it says. Sounds like wiring/connectors perhaps.

I wonder why the installer used a ground block on the HR34 line?

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Run a system test on the HR34 and see what it says. Sounds like wiring/connectors perhaps.

I wonder why the installer used a ground block on the HR34 line?

GB comes in handy when one runs out of F-81s

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Some thing to try, unplug all your equipment, and then plug in the swim power first. Give it a couple minutes, then plug all the receivers again. Sometimes a full reset fixes some issues.

If that doesn't work,start narrowing down the issue...

Can you get to the swim16 unit easy? try swapping which ports the two legs use, (do a full reset if you do this like i first suggest as well) see if the problem goes with the hr44 or stays on that leg. Would narrow down what path the issue is coming from.

5. STEVED21

STEVED21 Godfather

Feb 6, 2006
    Thanks for the replies. Got home today to discover the box was updated this morning. Watching for over an hour. No blips. I hope this solves this problem.