New Dish?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dandoshan, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandoshan

dandoshan AllStar

Jul 14, 2006
    Was interested to get Dish for the HD and Super Bowl. Installer mentioned that quite soon, supposedly by or close to 2/1, there will be a new dish available 1000.2 I believe. He said that this would probably elimate having to install (2) dishes in order to get good signals from the satellites. In my area apparently they have been installing (2) dishes for good reception.

Any comment on this new dish. Really want by 2/4. I know Dish is also coming out with a different plan effective 2/1.

2. psnarula

psnarula Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    are you in the minneapolis market? dish network does not offer hd locals in any other market in minnesota.

the dish 1000 has existed for some time. the 1000.2 is new. either should suffice for your situation.

3. nybo30

nybo30 New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    the dish 1000 is made to look at three satellites at once and deliver the signals to your receivers. This can be good or bad depending on your location and view of the southern sky.

We stay away from this dish for some good reasons. One is signal quality. The placement of the three sats is not that great so you have to cmpromise signal between them. So the question is: do you want 70 percent across the board for signal quality and strength or do you want 100 provided by two dishes. I would opt for the two because when bad weather comes in the 70 will be affected right away. With the strongest signal you can enjoy programming in the worst of storms.

The other issue is installation. This dish in windy areas is a huge sail. It is prone to being bent by high winds. The smaller dishes do not grab as much of this and therefore maintaing their shape integrity.

just so you have more facts
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.