New episodes not recording, errors on demand

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by WalkGood, Sep 13, 2017.

1. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    HR44/500

The new episodes for "The Last Ship" will not record. I've tried cancelling the series and adding it again. Same problem.

In addition, when trying to watch the missing episodes "on demand", an error msg pops up every so often saying the content is not available for playback. The show exits, then I have to "resume" to watch and the DVR has to restart downloading the episode.

Please advise. Thank you.

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Not sure what's going on, we'd need more info on your setup.

Rich

3. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Beyond my stated HR44/500 ? What additional info?

Software is 0xd80, from Tues 9/12/2017. But this issue has been ongoing prior.

4. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You have a straight cable coming into that 44? Or do you have supporting devices, like a dish, LNB, SWM, PI, stuff like that. Point is, the 44's probably at fault...or other factors are causing your problem. What factors? In all the years I've had D* and their DVRs I don't remember a problem like you're having. Do you have parental blocks put on channels, have you checked that? There's not many things that would cause such a problem.

Rich

5. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Yes I have a dish, LNB, SWM. Not sure ehat PI is?

Since I do not have this problem with any other series, in thinking it's not hardware. So there's something peculiar with this particular tv series, that the software pukes in reaction.

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Takes me back to my question about your setup, that includes the TV set. Is it an LG or a Vizio?

Rich

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    How are you setting up the Series ?
    If other than the following, you might want to try it.
    Delete the Series, then,
    Go in the Guide and press the Record button 2 times on the remote.

Laxguy likes this.
  8. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    What do you see in history for an episode that does not record?

9. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    No , TV is a Samsung. How does the tv set affect a recording on the DVR?

10. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    The reason you are seeing that MSG is because the content may not be on the content providers server -even thou it's listed

11. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    I have deleted the series, a few times. Set up to record series from the guide. Thus is two fold problem. Absolutely new episodes do not record. Plus, when trying to view from on-demand I get the error 927. Usually happens when the playback hits a commercial.

There's a new episode tomorrow night. "The Last Ship" on TNT ch 245 I believe. In HD.

12. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I think I see the problem. The one showing tonight says it First aired 8-20 and therefore it is not considered NEW to the DVR. We have seen this before when shows were shown in Canada before they were shown in the USA.
    See if it Records the Tempest Sunday night. It shows that as the First aired date of it.
    Then Feast shows it's First aired date as 9-24.

I know nothing about downloads because I am not connected to the net with my TV systems.

13. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    On demand episodes that had issues during initial download show history as "program was unable to download. (3000)". And "cancelled " on right column of history.
    Some say "this program was deleted because it was no longer purchaseable (1009)."

"Live" & new episodes failed to get scheduled. Some manually recorded were simply gone from the list.

14. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Sorry, next new episode is Sunday night . My mistake.

15. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    That seems logical being it's the only show that I'm having trouble with whether it's a series recording live new episode or trying to record something on demand.

16. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    It's in the to do list. Hopefully it records.

If it's the network source having issues, one would hope they recognize the problem by now. And have it sorted out with DirecTV.

17. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    As you may know - D* Does NOT control the Guide (Content) Data or the Content Providers Servers - D* provides the guide data to the DVR & the "Link" to Content providers servers only.

18. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    This is a well known problem that even after a couple of years isn't solved. Change your recording options for new recordings to all episodes and then delete the duplicates.
    DirecTV can't fix this, and the program providers either can't or won't.

19. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I tend to agree that this is a likely cause. This occurs with a lot of shows that are on BBC America because the shows have already aired in the UK. So the First aired date is the date that they were show in the UK.

Try modifying the series recording to all showings, rather then first run showings.

WestDC likes this.
  20. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    It is too bad that the guide providers can't be convinced to list first broadcast (if they need to ) and first broadcast in the US. Have this problem all the time with BBC and sometimes with PBS where the local stations apparently decide to broadcast shows when they want a nd not when the network does. I do record all and get rid of dups as other stated.

Laxguy likes this.