New Equipment

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by inhd40, Feb 17, 2018.

1. inhd40

inhd40 Mentor

Jan 26, 2013
    Going to be calling D in the next few days to talk some new equipment and wanted some feedback here first.(TIA) I currently have an HR34(I know, right) and 2 ck31's. I have one 4K set and thinking about adding another. I might actually condense down to just the 2 4K sets but that would be problematic with getting 4K content to both. Really getting 4K content is not a deal breaker, it would be nice but I am pretty happy with what I have now on the 4k. Doing some remodeling also and would like to go wireless on 1 or 2. How do the wireless clients do? Are they slow/buggy? What I would like to end up with is HR54 and 1 or 2 wireless but don't know if I can swing that with them since I might not be able to do 4K with that set up? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Get the new HS17 and it will feed 2 4k TVs in 4k at the same time. However, all other units must be clients. No extra DVRs or receivers that have their own tuners in them.

3. inhd40

inhd40 Mentor

Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks, I had heard they were buggy but that might be old news. I might need to go wireless on the other set anyway so that would nix the 2 4K feeds if I understand correctly. If the HS17 is working well now, that would be the way to go and just wait for wireless clients to come out and then upgrade that then. How many tuners on the HS17?

edit:7 tuners.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    If you're remodeling, get your wires installed then.

Wired more reliable than wireless.

5. inhd40

inhd40 Mentor

Jan 26, 2013
    That was my thought as well. The remodel is not that extensive in those areas, but doable. My wife likes to move stuff around a lot so I thought this might be a work around to have multiple jacks in each room. I am used to a little unreliability in the clients I have now as well. :) Thanks, food for thought.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I understand what you're going through. I tried to convince me wife we couldn't move things because of where the cable and data drops were (I was getting tired of moving furniture every six months). My tactic delayed the moving until the following weekend.

7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Always wire when you do remodeling for every possible wall that isn’t separated by a doorway, that way it won’t matter where your wife wants the tv to go the next time she wants to rearrange the room. :)

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Women are like engineers, they love to change things. My wife is like Wendy in Peter Pan with her annual Spring cleaning/rearranging. She's the main reason I built my Home Theater Room (aka the Man Cave). That's the one place of our living area where she knows she can only look but never touch.