New Fee Schedule?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mjwagner, Mar 27, 2017.

1. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    i received an email from DTV today indicating that they had made some changes to the customer agreement. In the list of changes one thing did catch my eye, a new "fee schedule". So I took a look. Not sure if these fees always existed and they just never charged me but the two that stood out where a $10 one time fee for dropping to a lower package and a $5 per month fee for an account on "vacation hold". LOL...they must really be getting desperate to squeeze more money out of the existing customer base, or maybe they just want to annoy more customers into dropping their service...

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm annoyed. My bill goes up, equipment gets sold to pay the difference. I have 8 HRs, all owned, all with 2TB HDDs in them (except for a 24-200 which I will sell with the TT dock and 2TB HDD). Anyone interested in reserving one, PM me?

Rich

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    They did that ( charge me to change phone services ) once and I pitched a fit since I was not told on the phone that I would get charged. If I had of been told on the phone I possibly would not have changed at that time. I think they charged me $15 because I cut out long distance and some of the other features. I went off on them and told them my next step would be to drop AT&T all together and just go with a cell phone. They promptly refunded my money.

Having said that, it does cost a company to change service like vacation hold and changing a package.
    Still, they are the highest TV service around and doing this is really going to piss off a lot of people because a lot of people change packages often.
    Just another thorn on the sand spur that we are sitting on.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Me!

Rich

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I am accustomed to seeing fees in a contract - but not always charged.

6. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    And now on my bill there is a "Federal Cost Recovery Fee" .67 Next thing you know they will charge a fee because the unit is black. And then change a fee because the lights on the front are blue????

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

crodrules and DishCSR like this.
  7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I don't see these fees ever really affecting me but I do think they are total bs. Considering I can change my package online and do it all through the computer and not bother a person and have been able to for a decade I don't see how they need to add a charge now. Did they forget they already make 17 more a month per sub than their old Uverse? Maybe call centers over seas cost more than they claim!

8. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    And as I posted on the other forum ...

With my monthly bill too high already and just don't want to pay a penny more for the protection plan. Since the service call fee is now doubling to $99.00 for a truck roll, I'm definitely going to do all my own work and troubleshooting from here on out ... Sheesh.

Even if it means saving my coins every month to eventually buy my own AIM.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm not saying it's not bull, as it's the cost of doing business, but pretty much every provider charges that fee.

10. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    But what do you think about something like the new $10.00 service fee for changing a programming packages from a higher one to a lower?

Good grief....

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

11. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yeah, that's ridiculous. I understood the fee when doing something like cancelling HBO before 30 days, but not this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

HaterSlayer likes this.
  12. HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    AT&T trying to make back that 40 billion

Sent from my LG K7 using Tapatalk

13. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Find me a company that doesn't charge fees these days. Even my gym now charges an equipment fee. Charge me a fee for charging a fee - charge a fee for paying my bill on time. But our product is only 29 a month (plus 73.86 in fees).

14. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I think Dish Network also charges for $99 for service calls without a support contract.

15. mrinker

mrinker Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Colorado
    Is this change in fees for everyone or specific areas? My Directv is currently suspended till 8/2017 and I have not received any change in fee emails. If I do, I would try to use it to get out of my remaining year contract by not agreeing to the change in terms of the agreement. Back in Feb I had Dish installed and was waiting till August to pay my EFT with Directv to be sure I was fine with Dish service first but may be sooner if in fact I do receive such an email from them.

16. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Not sure how that will work for you. I would just cancel now, you are not saving any money, and if you do want to come back, don't worry, they will offer you all kinds of discounts. I am assuming you are happy with dish right now as it is.

crodrules likes this.
  17. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    The Vacation Hold, Service Change Fee & $10 Phone Payment Fee does not apply to DirecTV customers right now. The Phone Payment Fee is still $5 for DirecTV customers.

However in past agreements DirecTV before the AT&T buyout also had the Service Change Fee but never implemented it.

18. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    $10 to change channel packages is a terrible move.

crodrules and mjwagner like this.
  19. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    And the fact that the fees do "not apply to DirecTV customers right now" was communicated to you how? I'm not saying these fees do or do not apply, I'm just saying that I carefully read thru the new customer agreement and nowhere does it state that these fees do not apply to DirecTV customers.

20. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I have not gotten anything indicating that something has changed. I also just changed my package and there was no fee mentioned