New FW, new bug - screensaver appearing every few minutes.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by plainsman, Nov 7, 2019.

1. plainsman

plainsman AllStar

Nov 16, 2006
    The last time I chimed in here was to talk about a bug in which recordings would disappear from the list under fairly arcane conditions. It took > 1 year for a fix.

This one is simpler ... I'm watching the same program I'm recording, *not* chase play. Every few minutes (10?) The black screensaver with the slowly moving 'directv' logo is displayed instead of the program video. The program audio continues, hitting a remote button restores the picture.

Update: Maybe a little arcane at that - turning the receiver off and back on took care of this issue. What I did do was to tune to the program's channel about 9 minutes after the recording had started - just started watching the live channel, not the recording.

Dtv has burned the 25yrs of good will they built up with me - the only thing keeping me with them is the lack of a fast enough network connection where I live. ATT seems perplexed by the subscriber Exodus but the bugs and price hikes have put dtv in the same 'class' as cable.

Mmmv.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Lol ...

I was just about to suggest you upgrade to a Genie and/or Mini clients and ditch the older boxes with the buggy screensavers and other problems like that.

But just as I was about to post that my HR54 Genie manifest a bug where randomly the "Double-Play" dual buffer feature will not engage. And I have to restart the box to fix it.

Foot-in-mouth ....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

3. R0am3r

R0am3r Legend

Sep 20, 2008
    My HR44 Genie (firmware version 0x12d8) keeps slipping into screensaver mode or a black screen. When I first noticed this behavior, I wasn't recording anything. Also note that I recorded a program earlier today and the recording is oscillating between normal video and the black screen. Great work there AT&T.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    the buggy FW require reboot your DVR/STB once per day/at least per week

5. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Yada Yada Yada DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    [​IMG]

R0am3r likes this.
  6. Rich