1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new h24 tiling issues on ch206

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Rac97crawford, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Rac97crawford

Rac97crawford Cool Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Hello all, I have a little issue I need hand with. I'm a system operator in California. I was out today upgrading 7 recievers for a sports bar. I was replacing h20's with h24-700's. The h20's were on multiswitch before. I pulled the multiswithes and replaced them with swm's for the 24's. Signal levels are great, I made sure the au9 was peaked. But still have tiling on ch209.

Does any one know what satellite and transporter that channel comes in on. I use a super buddy for testing. I think the transporter info would help my trouble shooting.

other info on the trouble shooting I did..
    there are 3 h21's right beside the new h24's. they are getting ch.206 just fine off the same swm. their are two dishes feeding two swm's for 10 receivers. this as does for redundancy .so I tried using different dishes and swm's to try and fix the problem but had no luck.

so I'm thinking its a problem with the new recievers but I haven't idea what my next trouble shooting moves going to be.

alittle help would be great.

thanks much,

Robert.

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Have you eliminated the run to the receiver itself as the cause of the issue? To do so simply swap it with a line known to work on one of the other receivers that gets 206 without issue.

If the issue is resolved when chaging to the other line you know the cause is the origional line in question. Conversly you can see if the origional line (which isn't displaying channel 206 on the H24) displays the same issue when connected to another one of the IRDs.

Also make sure the proper dish and switch type is selected from the menu of the new H24 (swm3 or swm5 depending on your installation).

If your issue is still not resolved by any of the methods above; then a receiver swap will be necessary to eliminate the problem.

3. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Did you remember to remove the BBCs. SWiM systems don't use them.