New Hopper 3 & Joey install and questions

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Jerryg47, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jerryg47

Jerryg47 New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Locke, ny
    Had 3 installed yesterday main reason was that dish rep said icould set timer for on demand movies over internet. I have hughes and want to down load during bonus time 2-8 am can't find timer tried with vod today no timer came up movie started and ate up my allowance. Now what do I do? Thanks Jerry

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I'm not aware of any way to schedule the On Demand downloads... as far as I know they get triggered when you "order" them.

3. Jerryg47

Jerryg47 New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Locke, ny
    Tried to post earlier today. Contacted dish 're this and that rep and installer said there was a timer. After a 1 hr. Chat I was able to get the monthly up charge for receiver to be removed due to misrepresentation. The only reason I got this was for the non exsistant timer. Hope they fix that soon.Does Dish satellite internet have the same 15 gig per month limit? Thanks Jerry

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't know about bandwidth limits or anything for the Dish satellite offering. Honestly, I never looked into it since I have a couple of better options around here for broadband that don't have bandwidth limits so it never was of interest to me to check. I think some of the satellite-delivered Internet services do have bandwidth caps, though.

5. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    I think you can buy higher limits, just costs you more per month.

6. Jerryg47

Jerryg47 New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Locke, ny
    I know I can buy more band width. The whole reason for getting the 3 with the promised (but non exsistant timer) was so I could download during bonus time 2-8 am without having to stay up all night! This not needing to make purchase!

7. Jerryg47

Jerryg47 New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Locke, ny
    Just found out my dish sat internet option is hughes where I live. I am back to no options again. Seems like a circle .... to me. Will need to stay up all night until dish fixes 3 options for vod.

8. oldsmobileglory

oldsmobileglory New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    You can probably get DishNet, although its the same as Hughes, cheaper. Also, bundling gets your $10 off your Dish bill and Epix movie channels free for a year. Most areas can get 15/50 for $79.99 or 10/50 for $59.99. $10.00 modem lease applies. Some areas have a 50/50 option for $79.99.