1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HR44 install along with old HR24 internet issues.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by jasondm4, Aug 26, 2013.

1. jasondm4

jasondm4 Mentor

Mar 4, 2010
    League City, TX
    Okay so yesterday we had a tech come out to upgrade us to the new HR44 genie receiver. Basically what happened was the HR24 in the living room got replaced with the HR44. The HR24 moved to the master bedroom. We also got a Mini client for the guest room. Everything is working great! Except for the HR24 not wanting to connect to the internet. The HR44 and client both work perfectly have full internet access. But the HR24 does not. Keep in mind it was originally connected via Ethernet when it was located in the living room. Now I know I shouldn't be connecting the HR24 via Ethernet anymore since we now have a SWiM system. And DECA is built in to the HR24. In the system info screen it says coax connected. Right below that it says internet Not Connected. Also Multi room works fine on it which makes no sense to me. All the playlists from the HR24 show up just fine on the HR44 and mini client just fine. Any idea whats going on? Ive tried everything completely reset the receiver and still having this same issue.

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    The HR24 needs to be rapidly double-reset because plugging into Ethernet port disables the internal DECA. The DECA needs to be re-activated.

3. jasondm4

jasondm4 Mentor

Mar 4, 2010
    League City, TX
    So how exactly do you do a rapid double reset? Just let the receiver reset itself with the red button 2 times?

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    So how exactly do you do a rapid double reset? Just let the receiver reset itself with the red button 2 times?

Reboot it and as soon as its fully back up reboot again.

Personally I'd do that but not till after I'd one other thing first. Rerun sat setup.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    You're supposed to stay away from RBRs. RBRs are only fr frozen boxes. Just run a second Menu/Reset as soon as the first one is finish.

That should release the DECA.

Then run Network Setup/Repeat Network Setup.

6. jasondm4

jasondm4 Mentor

Mar 4, 2010
    League City, TX
    Okay I did the double reset just like you said, reran satellite setup and network setup. When I run network setup the first thing it says is "no internet connection detected would you like to get connected?" I then hit "get connected". It wants to connect Wired Powerline Or wireless via the connection kit through the Ethernet port on all 3 options.

7. jasondm4

jasondm4 Mentor

Mar 4, 2010
    League City, TX
    UPDATE: Problem solved. The problem lied somewhere in the wireless connection on the HR44 as I hooked it up Ethernet instead and the HR24 responded immediately. Everything is working great now. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

8. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Because the HR44 can see the playlist on the HR24, some manner of network connection must be active.

9. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I can't imagine how changing the HR44 to a wired router connection changed whether the HR24 could access the Internet. That's a head scratcher.

10. jasondm4

jasondm4 Mentor

Mar 4, 2010
    League City, TX
    Same here It's pretty odd I never tried it originally because I figured it made no difference. But when you have a D-Link router it's not surprising since we've had so many issues with it.