1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New interface missing timer options for series

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by hdcl, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Aug 5, 2017 #1 of 10
    hdcl

hdcl Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    The old Hopper interface used to have more options when recording a series to specify a specific day of the week and start/end time or Mon-Fri. Those 2 options seem to be missing in the new interface. You can only do New or New and Reruns. This is a problem with international programing since their EPG never has the New flag set correctly. If I only select New, I miss many shows. If I select New and reruns, it records 16 duplicates. How do you get those two older options back?

2. Aug 6, 2017 #2 of 10
    RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Pray
    Pray
    Pray
    DISH doesn't take requests.

3. Aug 6, 2017 #3 of 10
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    please clarify VERSIONS of SW/FW what you comparing

4. Aug 6, 2017 #4 of 10
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Options -
    Record: Once, Only New, New and Reruns, Daily, Weekly, Monday-Friday
    Type: DVR, Auto-Tune
    Start: 0,1,2,5,10,15,30,60 minutes early
    End: 0,1,2,5,10,15,30,60,90 minutes early
    Keep: All, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10,15,20,25 events
    Priority: 1-# of timers
    Protect: On/Off
    Folder: No Folder/Create Folder? (I have not created folders)

5. Aug 6, 2017 #5 of 10
    TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    This is what my Hopper2 has. The only thing I haven't found is to easily create a Seek timer. If I search for a show and it is found I can only seem to create a DVR timer I can't make it a Seek timer. Only if the show is not found have I seen the option for a Seek timer.

6. Aug 6, 2017 #6 of 10
    hdcl

hdcl Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I figured out the issue. There is a bug when you create a new timer from a guide event. If you select an event, hit Record and then Select (to set options), the "Record: Once, Only New, ..." option does NOT show up. The first option is Type: DVR, Auto-Tune. The rest of them show up. If you then go back into timers and select Edit, then the "Record" option shows up and you can change it to Weekly, Mon-Fri, etc.

Software Version: U236

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  7. Aug 6, 2017 #7 of 10
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I get the Record options on my Hopper 2000. Although the sequence you describe is missing a step.
    Find an event in the guide.
    Press RECORD (system sets up a timer for that one event and puts a prompt on the screen)
    Press SELECT to record entire series (system modifies the timer to New or New and Reruns depending on if the selected show was marked new)
    Press SELECT for complete recording options (which on mine includes the Record options listed in my post)

That being said, I do not normally follow that pattern. I usually:
    Find an event in the guide.
    Press SELECT to get the popup menu including "Record This", "Record Series", "Record Future Airing" and "See Program Info"
    SELECT "Record Series" and a message appears on screen (as listed above)
    Press SELECT for complete recording options (which on mine includes the Record options listed in my post)

If you are not seeing this hopefully the "bug" is fixed in the future.

(BTW: I do not see a way of setting a "seek" timer for a program that is found. Choosing "0" will allow one to set a recording for the next airing of a matching show.)

8. Aug 6, 2017 #8 of 10
    Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I don't have a "record" button on my remote. I have to press select on the guide and then options appear such as record. And the daily, weekly, etc. don't show up in that sequence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9. Aug 8, 2017 #9 of 10
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    When you select something to record from the guide, a popup that says something like "Press select for options" appears and you can hit the select button on the remote to go see those additional settings before your timer actually gets created.

10. hdcl

hdcl Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    And the bug is that when you hit the select button, the first option to select the frequency of the timer does NOT appear. If you go back into Timers and select Edit, then that option appears.