New International Channels Coming (Urdu)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rasheed, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rasheed

rasheed Godfather

Sep 12, 2005
    It appears Dish continues to grow its International Channels business. Some may ask why, and the easy answer is that it is very profitable. These customers can't/won't leave because the stations are not available easily on another provider without either significant upfront costs (satellite boxes) or not having a nice way to get HD + English + international via one provider. If any of these customers lose distants, they will likely stay for internationals. These customers ARPU is very high.

From http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=62524, it looks like lots of new internationals have been uploaded.

I don't know of any other forum (you heard it hear first for actual upload confirmation and what channel it is) out there that has posted the names of these new uploads, but I know two of them as we have been watching closely for a few months for these stations.

Also see: http://www.pakstop.com/pmforums/showthread.php?t=13790

INDVI
    Indus Vision (Urdu - Pakistan)
    http://www.indus.tv/indus.php

INDMU
    Indus Music (Pakistani Music)
    http://www.indus.tv/indusmusic.php

Obviously, do not know what INTL6 or INTL7 are.

Here is the list of uploads:
    Rasheed

2. buckyp

buckyp Legend

Dec 17, 2003
    They do have the most intl channels. This was the main reason for going to E*. Unfortunatley the ONE channel I want is only on D*

3. Sep 1, 2006 #3 of 26
    Beckham

Beckham New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    rasheed :- you have any insider information on Indus package ?

4. Sep 1, 2006 #4 of 26
    rasheed

rasheed Godfather

Sep 12, 2005
    At this time, I am not expecting a Pak Mega Pack -- although beneficial, there is no market pressure to offer one.

An Indus Pak..err Pack could go for $19.99 to 24.99 (both channels). A la carte for Indus is likely to be 14.99 to 19.99. A la care for Indus Music is likely to be 2.99 to 4.99. Because of the pricing, I don't expect an Indus Pak, but a la carte only (I don't see any savings for a package).

Rasheed

5. Sep 2, 2006 #5 of 26
    pacman99

pacman99 Cool Member

Oct 9, 2005
    just to add, I read somewhere that INTL6 and INTL7 are french channels. Not sure how true this is. So I guess I can't be hoping for another desi channel :(

6. fuadar

fuadar Cool Member

Jul 29, 2005
    it does seem that dish is goingto offier pak packs though not on their website if you go to the add prograaming page it does show pak mega pack for 39.99 and pak music pack for 7.99
    there are no details to what is in a pack and it is not letting me add this to my account at the moment

7. fuadar

fuadar Cool Member

Jul 29, 2005
    it seems in the pak mega pak the following channel will be available per customer service . they still arent sure and are unable to add this package due to technical difficulties
    pak mega pak 39.99
    indus music
    ptv
    ary one
    indus vision
    ary digital
    geo tv
    the musik
    qty

8. PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida
    Count yourself lucky
    Dish is adding loads of international channels
    but ask for some British Channels and Oh no, cant get them !

9. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    Any idea what could be the other loads of international channels???

Anything in SouthAsian boquet?

10. rasheed

rasheed Godfather

Sep 12, 2005
    Nothing new so far on the South Asian side.

The Indus Channels are now technically available, but doesn't seem to be quite ready for subscription on the billing side. The new Pak Mega Pak seems to make sense...

Try subscribing this weekend or on Monday next week.

Rasheed

11. fuadar

fuadar Cool Member

Jul 29, 2005
    I agree.
    customer service has pretty much made a mess out of this package.
    even though they say it is available they cant add anyone to it . and of the 3 calls that i made
    call 1 . they took away all my internationals.
    call2 . they added south asian mega pack despite the fact that i told them i didnt want that
    call3 . they cant do anything because of technical difficulties so i'm stuck with south asian mega pack and no pakistani channels till the evening when i'm supposed to call back.

12. Beckham

Beckham New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    they are still working out the details. Also, Indus Vision and Music are repeating programs. Dont know how long that will go on but for now its pretty frustrating. :(

13. fuadar

fuadar Cool Member

Jul 29, 2005
    i agree.
    they still couldnt put me on the pak mega pak but i got the pak music pak. but indus music i think is tryingto give usa/canada related programming and that is why is encountering glitches unlike the musik which is just broadcasting its pakistan feed

14. Beckham

Beckham New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    how long do we have to watch Indus chotu all day before regular programming starts ????

15. fuadar

fuadar Cool Member

Jul 29, 2005
    dont know but based on my recent visit to pakistan. indus didnt have much to offer anyways.

indus music has always been good.
    and apparently the pak mega isnt mega after all.
    it does not have geo or qtv .

16. nataraj

nataraj Godfather

Feb 25, 2006
    Does indus music have any ghazals ? I might get interested then ...

17. fuadar

fuadar Cool Member

Jul 29, 2005
    No Indus music pretty much carries pop and rock music more so.
    you mihght get nfak oor mekaal hassan here and there but no ghazals

18. fog80

fog80 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    I've had dish for a year now just for geo and ary digital. I wish Verizon FIOS would pick these channels up so I can switch.

As far as this Pak Mega Pak, does anyone know more details? I would definitely be interested in getting all of these channels for 39.99 a month.

Im already paying like 25 a month for two channels.

19. Beckham

Beckham New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    it would be amazing if FIOS would show paki channels. I would switch in a minute.

20. rasheed

rasheed Godfather

Sep 12, 2005
    You are unlikely to see any Pak channels on other services.

First would come the Hindi stuff, then Arabic, then..etc. (if you wanted to look at popularity).

Rasheed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.