1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New iPad app V5.0.105

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by poppo, Jun 27, 2017.

1. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    What a POS. Worse release yet. Fails network assistant test 5 (sometimes 6 too) while on the LAN and won't retrieve the playlist. Uninstalled and re-installed and now fails to register at all.

<edit> Uninstalled again a few times and now it is even worse (if that was even possible). Now it keeps getting stuck at "Retrieving account details" when trying to log in. When it finally gets past that, it tells me there is no DVR found. Even if I put in the IP manually it says it can't find the DVR. But yet it validates it on the receiver control screen with the same IP. Then it says I need to be on my home network, even though I obviously am, and it won't let me go any farther. This app is AFU!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  2. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    Either the app is totally screwed up or they are having serious server issues. It is taking like 10 minutes just to validate the login and go to the home page. There is nothing wrong with the iPad or wifi as I checked the download speeds on the iPad and they are fine.

I finally got it to see my DVR, but I still can not get it to activate. Just keep getting error "100" Try again.

Anyone else give this new version a try yet?

3. zmancartfan

zmancartfan AllStar

Mar 23, 2012
    Yup. Same problems as y'all. I'm thinking server issues.

After about 10 minutes of sitting at the retrieving account info screen, I finally got to the login page (I had uninstalled and reinstalled). Clicking the login button did nothing the first three times I clicked it. The fourth was the charm.

It crashed the app.

Haven't been back to try since.

4. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    After about the 50th try, it FINALLY registered.

I see there is a new "Download & Go" option that you also need to register the device for. Not sure what that is for.

It still fails test #5 of the network assistant, so I don't know what is up with that.

5. zmancartfan

zmancartfan AllStar

Mar 23, 2012
    According to the ios release notes, the download and go feature is used for downloading purchased or rented movies or tv shows directly to your device.

I dont actually see any download and go buttons other than the options tab that allows you to register your device, but that may be because I've never actually purchased anything from DirecTV. I do an occassional VOD for broadcast shows, but i dont have any on my DVR at the moment, so i cant say if thats's included or not.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I have found that if you are going to uninstall and reinstall the app you need to leave it uninstalled for a day or two, I actually go for three or four to be sure, in order for to be truly clean install. That Seems to Solve a Lot of Problems.

7. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    It would be nice if simply updating it actually worked in the first place like it should. But I have yet to have a single update work after just updating (vice uninstalling).

Still fails test #5 although it seems to be working. It would also be nice if it told you what it was actually testing.

8. Jul 9, 2017 #8 of 11
    Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Does it let you connect to an external monitor? I have been complaining since Directv2PC died about watching my recordings on my PC. I figured out how to connect my iPad to my PC monitor and it works nicely except for Directv. When I try to play on that all I get is a black screen. It is connected to the DVI input with an HDMI/DVI adapter.

9. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    I just installed the latest v 5.1.203 and now it fails both test #4 and #5 of the network assistant. <sigh> It would be nice if they told you what the tests are doing.

10. sa123

sa123 New Member

May 11, 2007
    Have the same problem - found any solutions?

11. palmgrower

palmgrower AllStar

Jul 18, 2011
    I'm in the same boat, DIRECTV tech said they'd call me back. It's been 2 weeks