new Japanese channel?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by curt8403, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    Has anyone heard if Directv will be carrying the new Japanese channel Ronin TV?

2. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X
    Japanese channels only exclusive to other competitor. Home to TV Japan.

3. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    comprehendeth thou the term Ronin?

4. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X
    If DirecTV doesn't have TV Japan, no Ronin! Notice how far is Japan to 95° Satellite. China looks close.

5. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    Ronin, a dishonored, lordless Samurai. Ronin TV would be an insult to Japan. (Joke)

6. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X
    Pointless thread, Wake me up in a few years when DirecTV pushes a satellite that is able to get some programming from Japan.

7. GLJones

GLJones AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    I get it on my slingbox that is connected to the receiver at my parent's place in Tokyo. Doubt you will see it on DirecTV.

Jerry

8. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    Why do you doubt it? I spoke to the TV Japan people in NY, and they would love to be carried by D*. There is no exclusivity, apparently. And, it is entirely up to D*. (I have no idea about RoninTV. Never heard of it.) Perhaps, with enough emails requesting it, they would consider adding it. They certainly have plenty of potential bandwidth now.

BTW - I, too, have a Slingbox setup in Japan, at my MIL's house in Osaka. It's hooked up to a brand new Panasonic DMR-XP12 DVR. All the free OTA and BS/CS sat channels. It's on a fiber ISP, so the PQ is pretty good. I'm looking forward to SlingMedia's Slingcatcher, so we can watch right on the TV with no PC required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.