1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panny DMP-BD75

Discussion in 'Blu-Ray Hardware' started by dmspen, Dec 16, 2011.

1. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I just replaced my old Panny BluRay player with a new Panny DMP-BD75. With my old player, it could take 7 minutes to read, jump through the previews, get to the menu and start the movie. With the new player, I was able to play a movie in 13 seconds.

I was almost shocked when I took the player out of the box. It's only about 6 inches deep! I'm thinking that I should get another for the bedroom...

I bought this over any other players because I was able to score the Panasonic employee price which was unbeatable anywhere.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You work for Panasonic? If so, this seems a bit of a bias review.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    The BD75 is a very fast loading player and pretty well reviewed on all fronts.

It was also available yesterday at Amazon for $50. If I didn't already have 4 players, I would have snapped one up.

4. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I never said I worked for Panasonic. I don't. My company has an EPP (Employee Purchase Plan) agreement with them. Probably because we use them exclusively for monitors in conference rooms and such.

The post was mainly about the ability of new players to get to the movie quickly and about the size of new players.

5. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. My apologies. I've read it's a very fast loader.

6. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Thanks for your sensitivity. I can see how it would appear as a self serving rant. I ended up getting another to send to my son and new wife. I suppose they can get BluRay movies in Albuquerque!

7. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Great players man. I always keep a current year Panny lying around, have a BDT210 right now, gave a 110 to my in laws and my 85 to my dad.

I love my Oppo, but Panny is second for me, and Im sure Ill pick a 2012 up when they come out. The Uniphier SoC is always a class act, they are fast, inexpensive and the FW updates are top notch.