New "Recording Manager" button with SW 0x1410

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JerryMeeker, Sep 16, 2020.

1. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Looks like a new "Recording Manager" button has been added with SW 0x1410, removing the functionality from the side of the List screen. Not sure whether this is an improvement or not. Anyone seeing any other changes in this latest SW version?

DTV.JPG

2. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I think its stupid. Why would you have 99.9% of the buttons on the left except for one and stick it in some other random place? Yesterday I actually wanted to go into the recording manager and I was like "where the hell did it go?" for a few seconds.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    When you reset your DVR you'll see a series of messages explaining what's taking place during the reset process.

4. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    My HR54 got the update overnight. The C61K picture was just a screen of lines. No picture or sound. Red button reset on the C61K fixed that.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I suppose they get a lot of support call from customers that can't find "Recording Manager" in the menus. Silly.

6. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Just noticed, the setup screen for recording a series is entirely different. Not better, just completely re-arranged.

7. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    That has been like that for awhile

8. BigCTM

BigCTM Cool Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Everyone around here is so negative. I really like the new Recording Manager button. A little easier to access now...

Steveknj likes this.
  9. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I don't think it is that everyone is negative. I am usually not in favor of moving functionality from its familiar place to a new place unless I perceive an obvious advantage for the change. And I don't agree that it is easier to access now. If you are way down in the list, you have to scroll all the way to the top to access the Recording Manager button, when previously you could scroll left from anywhere in the list and get to it immediately.

SledgeHammer likes this.
  10. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Maybe in a future update it can be in BOTH places. Heaven forbid they actually make something actually EASIER for the user.

11. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Having multiple approaches only makes things more confusing and that's not good for trying to help people or customer satisfaction.

Case in point: Microsoft Windows -- ask a question and get three conflicting, yet entirely valid, answers (add in some gear-head that recommends some obscure PowerShell command or registry edit).

12. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I think I like the new location.
    But I notice the update didn't fix the internet speed dial. Oh well, one thing at a time, I guess.

13. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Not going to be fixed for 2 more cycles

14. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    To me it’s silly now. If I’m at the bottom of my playlist I have to go all the way to the top instead of of pressing two buttons to get to it by going left and channel up.

15. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    How’s it easier for you?

I’m actually asking...

If you are at the very top of the playlist it’s one button quicker. Anywhere else it’s as many, and most often MORE button presses away. So I’m curios why you find it easier.

16. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Although I haven't used a genie in awhile, couldn't you just push the "list" button to display the top of the list, then the "back" button to get back to where you were before?

(Keeping in mind, of course using RC7 control the left arrow a bunch of times, no "back" button available - like on the RC6. But still maybe quicker than paging all the way back up to the top of a long playlist...)

17. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Way too much discussion IMO. My original point is why are they changing something that wasn't broken in the first place?

18. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    For all we know they got 10000 calls a day complaining about the location.. But I think it has more to do with aligning the GUI to the ATT TV One

19. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    AT&T: Always Tampering & Tinkering.

20. Sue Annie

Sue Annie New Member

Sep 17, 2020
    I finally found the new Recording Manager button! When I go to Upcoming Recordings it only shows programs that will record for the next three days. Is that typical or does anyone know a way to show programs past the next few days? Thanks for any help on this.