New service, installation experience

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by MTGriz, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTGriz

MTGriz Cool Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Well, thanks for your replies to my queries. I have decided to take the plunge and go with E*. The install last weekend was quick, not much work to do for the installer as the cabling was already there from the previous D* setup. He took down one of the old D* dishes and replaced it with the Dish 500, but said he did not have the tools to remove the second D* dish from the roof. Oh well, better than having 3 dishes up there, I guess :)

Having just one cable into each room was not a problem at all. D* would not have been able to set me up with a dual receiver without additional cabling.

As a first-time satellite (and DVR) customer, I must say it's quite overwhelming. Because of soccer, I went with the AT180 package, and the choices are immense. The DVR is such a godsend. Try it once and you'll never want to give it up. Gone are the days of VCR programming with manual timers...

I decided to forego the international choices because of the higher expenses involved (both upfront and ongoing). Maybe someday when the programming gets better and (ugh) cheaper, I might add the German package.

I did notice visible compression on some channels. For example Fox Soccer Channel looks quite awful compared to Gol TV, even on my 27" SD TV. Also, some audio seems to be not in sync. I was watching the USA-Morocco game last night on ESPN2 and the delay was very perceptible when the commentators were in the picture. Is this normal? I am using SVideo and RCA audio. Is digital audio worth it for SD? I read that you can only get 5.1 audio with an HD setup.

A final question. I checked out my bill though the receiver box and I could not see the $10/month discount anywhere. New customers are supposed to get $10 off for 10 months. When I signed up for the service online, there was no mention of this on the final screen (it is advertised on DishBuilder) but the CSR I messaged with during the transaction told me that it would appear on my bill. Should I just wait for my bill to arrive in the mail to see if the discount is credited?

2. kf4omc

kf4omc Godfather

Apr 11, 2006
    For the $100 credit you need to goto www.dishnetwork.com/100back
    print out form and mail in. The credit will start to appear on your bill in about 6 to 8 weeks. Took 2 billing cycles to start mine. By the 3rd bill I had my $10 off.

3. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...

Yes and you also need to make a copy of your fisrt bill and mail it in with rebate form (to the address on the rebate form, not to Dish's billing address by the way).

4. MTGriz

MTGriz Cool Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Thank you, I had no idea filling out a form was required to get the rebate! I'll be sure to mail this thing in once I get my first bill.

5. kf4omc

kf4omc Godfather

Apr 11, 2006
    When I signed up 4 months ago the CSR told me about the web site and gave me all the instruction on what to do. Guess your CSR forgot to tell you..

6. kilroyc

kilroyc New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    MTGriz -

I have an older Dish PVR and i had no delay in the US v. Morocco game with regards to audio and video.

I have had issues in the past with my DVR though if there were long pauses or some stops and restarts of a recorded program w/ audio out of synch. I havent had that in a long time though so i cant accurately describe the remedy unfortunately.

it was probably a restart of the device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.