New service?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cwarren78, Jan 25, 2018.

1. cwarren78

cwarren78 New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Central...
    This would be the first time we've had satellite tv service.

We're in an area that has no cable service, so no internet or tv via that service.

We get our locals via antenna, and the internet we have is via an att cell connection, so while streaming does work (using slingtv at the moment) the bandwidth can go quite high in a month with 2 kids watching also.

We're considering directv for 4 tv's, 3 of which will be wireless c41w's, no 4k.

My biggest concern is all the complaints I'm seeing regarding billing errors, customer service, etc...especially on their fb page. i realize there's always someone who isn't happy, but alo of them seem to be customers of many years.

Would you get service today based on your recent experience with directv?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I've been with DirecTV for 20 years and have had no complaints concerning billing or customer service. Remember, forums like this seem to attract people who have had problems. Those with none, like myself, don't post.

cwarren78 and Mike1096 like this.
  3. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    Likewise. 20 years here too. Very little to complain about. What I would say is to be sure to get in an e-mail or chat text exactly what you are being promised.

cwarren78 likes this.
  4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    CAll-1-800-824-9077 and you won't have any trouble with billing as long as you never-ever combine billing with AT&T any short term offer for a discount is NOT worth it!

DO NOT COMBINE AT&T anything and you will be very happy - Good luck with your new service

cwarren78 likes this.
  5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    D* does have many problems but they are simply the best provider out there. You can't go wrong. All you see on sites such as this is complaints. Kinda skews the experience.

Rich

cwarren78 likes this.
  6. cwarren78

cwarren78 New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Central...
    Will do....my phone system also records all calls in/out.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I've been a DIRECTV customer for nearly 23 years. I've had very few issues that needed addressing and they were always resolved to my satisfaction.

cwarren78 likes this.
  8. cwarren78

cwarren78 New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Central...
    Can this number be used for setting up new service also, or is it strictly for after support.

9. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Yes- if not I'm sure they will direct your call - Good shopping

10. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Never had any billing or customer service issues on my over 20 years with DirecTv. Sure they aren't perfect but no company is. I would not avoid DirecTv because of customer service or billing issues

jimmie57 likes this.
  11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yes, maybe. Only number I call. No waiting, no robovoice. But I haven't used them for a new service.

Rich

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Not one billing issue have I had. But plenty of issues with the CSRs.

Rich

13. cwarren78

cwarren78 New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Central...
    We're pretty set on ordering the Xtra package. Any chance they'd offer better that what's offered on the website?

I punched it on directv.com (1 genie, 3 wireless mini's) and the monthly is 94.22 before taxes and fees....what fees should I expect?