1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Ota....

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by satguy79, Dec 14, 2010.

1. satguy79

satguy79 New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Quick confirmation needed...purchasing the Ota module for my 722k...want to confirm that I can record 2 sat shows with 2 Ota shows at the same time or record 2 sat shows and watch Ota show? Thanks

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Can record to all 4 tuners and watch DVR, or record 2 sat and watch one of the OTAs

3. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    How bout recording 2 sat tuners and 1 OTA tuner, and watch the 2nd OTA tuner?

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    With a 722k, yes.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    IF you have the OTA module installed and scanned for OTA channels...

then any combination of all 4 tuners (2 SAT + 2 OTA) can be used at the same time.

You can record them all and watch a 5th thing pre-recorded on your DVR... or you can record any of the 3 and watch the 4th... and of course you could be recording all 4 and be watching one of those in-progress.

FYI, the 922 behaves the same way as the 722K.

6. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    it would b nice if the rcvr could open up the pip while in dual mode, that the rcvr would b smart enough to open an OTA tuner since tv2 was in use.

7. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    Yes, that would be nice.

One thing I have noticed is that the OTA tuners seem to have Record Plus enabled even though it is disabled for the Satellite tuners. I have seen two of my conflicting OTA timers, entered from TV1, record at once. :confused: