new to the forum.....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by flybynyte, Aug 8, 2012.

1. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    simple question for now; is it proper to discuss on this forum actual monetary figures when comparing cable and directv packages?

thanks

2. banditt76

banditt76 Godfather

Jul 17, 2012
    Sure, it's a valid argument when comparing services. The deciding factor for most is the breakdown of fees when deciding on a provider or additional programming fees.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Just be sure to take into account what happens when the promo rates expire when trying to compare packages.

And...

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

- Merg

4. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Welcome! We talk about a lot of stuff and price is one of them.

5. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    great! thanks for the replies and the welcome!

here is what i am dealing with: recently i dropped e* and went to a bundle with cable. i am paying $61.95 for video (with just the hd receiver), $39.95 for data, and $32.95 for phone (not counting approx $23 nickel and dime phone fees).
    i do have a promotional deal that saves me approx $25/mo for the first 12 months (approx 9 mos left). btw, no contract with the cable.

anyway, what i am curious about is for those that may have bundled thru directv, could someone give me a pretty close approx to what i might pay monthly for the following:

directv choice extra, data, and phone bundle. i would most likely go with hddvr for main tv and standard receiver for a tv upstairs. i understand the promotional period, but, would just like to find out what i might be paying per month once the promotional period is up.

hope i explained the situation so it makes sense.
    i just wasn't in the mood to deal with a csr-----------yet.:hurah:

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Phone/internet pricing is not national so you'll have to call in to get it. Without phone/internet, discounts or tax you're at 94.99.

I should also state that this would be for 1 HD DVR and 1 HD with WHDVR as it's all built into the price now so not having a second HD receiver and just getting a SD would not be the best thing for you.

7. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Keep in mind you are comparing prices for 2 different TV services. With your cable you just have 1 HD box. What you're requesting from D* is including a 2nd receiver, DVR & WHDVR service. Plus how many & what channels are you getting with cable?