New to the RV TV world

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by Richina Connie, Oct 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Richina Connie

Richina Connie New Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I have a brand new 2018 Coachmen Concord and it came with a Wally receiver, King Tailgater satellite antenna, and a King Jack OTA antenna, without an auto signal finder. My question is: Are these the devices I can purchase for an RV? I want to increase my chances of great OTA, satellite and Internet chances. Also, can I replace the wally box with a hopper to be able to view my DISH ANY WHERE app "Live"? If not, please advise the equipment thats available to make that happen.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    no hopper allowed as the antenna woks for SOLO receivers only
    for ota, buy ota usb module for wally or replace it to 211k

Richina Connie likes this.
  3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Strongly suggest talking to your RV dealer he knows what he sells and can guide you to the option that will keep you as a happy camper

Richina Connie likes this.
  4. fredi

fredi New Member

May 11, 2018
    Fort...
    To use a Hopper in your RV you'll need a home dish on a tripod or mount a Winegard Trav'ler automatic multi-satellite antenna on the roof. You can even use the Hopper 3 if you add a DPH42 Switch. I’ve found the best OTA reception using the Sensar IV (batwing) with the SensarPro TV Signal Strength Meter. You can use Dish’s Dual OTA Adapter for the Hopper, but the tuners are kind of week compared to my 2009 “TiVo HD” DVR. I also use the Winegard TV Signal Finder App with Augmented Reality to help find the best place to park when faced with those evil trees and to find the best OTA signals. As for internet I use my iPad's personal hotspot feature and internet sharing because most RV parks have limited Wi-Fi systems. That may hamper your use of sling. BTW I am not affiliated with Winegard just a happy customer. Nice RV.