Newbie needs some info

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by frapnitz, Apr 28, 2018.

1. frapnitz

frapnitz Cool Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I am a Dish newbie but have had DTV for 15 years. Just recently changed over. One of the things I have yet to figure out is this: If I was watching live tv (a ball game) on DTV and switched to a recorded show (when wife comes in), I could always go back to where I left off on the live DTV (for 90 minutes) and return to the ball game. Hopper doesn't do that...live TV resets to zero so there is no going back to where I was. Either I am missing some hidden setting somewhere, or basically, when switching to something previously recorded, I should ensure that I record the live TV and then "recall...a funny word for delete" later. Seems kind of awkward. I'm sure someone smarter than me has figured this all out. Thanx in advance.

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    That's how you have to do it, record it.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Recording is the safest way of ensuring that the live program will not be lost (especially when you are exceeding the 60 minute buffers DISH uses). One could also use the PIP function but it is easy to lose the buffer. It is much easier to hit record and let the DVR do it's job.

4. frapnitz

frapnitz Cool Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Thanx for your input.....I still think the Hopper 3 is vastly better than the DTV boxes (of which I have had many), and will just have to modify my behavior.

Jon J likes this.