1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newegg.com saves online retailing

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Jan 27, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth Administrator Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 6, 2007
    Alabaster, AL
    I've always held Newegg in high regard. This just strengthens that feeling.

Of course, I do a TON of shopping at Amazon as well. Surprised they actually settled.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Sometimes it takes a scrappy "little" company to fight back.

4. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    Cheers to newegg.com and Lee Cheng!!! In response to patent trolls, Cheng says," Screw them. Seriously, screw them. You can quote me on that."

Love it! :D

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    I'm a proud Newegg customer since 2002.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Same here!

- Merg

7. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Good for you fellas, but why do you say you are "proud" customers? You pay your money, you get your stuff -- what's to be "proud" about that? I've been shopping at the same grocery store for over 10 years -- I pay my money, I get my stuff. So what. :shrug:

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It was more of a risk to buy things from an online retailer, and a new one at that back then.

9. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yup. I've been using them for over 10 years when buying things on-line wasn't always a sure thing. They also have taken care of me when I've had any issues, such as applying promo codes for items that went on-sale just after I purchased them, paying for return shipping for items that were defective, overnighting replacement items to me. Basically, they have bent over backwards to keep me a happy customer. That is the reason I always look for a computer part at Newegg before I look anywhere else.

So, just like some people are proud to be DirecTV customers for 10+ years, I'm proud to be a Newgg customer for just as long.
    - Merg

10. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    My top three on-line sources are Amazon, Monoprice, and Newegg. Haven't bought that much from Newegg except for disk drives since I stopped building my own gaming computers. But they're still on my go-to list.

11. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yup. Those are my top 3 as well.

- Merg

12. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    Oh, and LL Bean for clothes, but that's even more OT for this forum. ;)

13. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    How can you be "proud" of being a customer?

Simple. You know your money is going to better causes after it leaves your hands. I'm a "proud" credit union customer because I detest working with banks. I refuse to give money to the organizations that nearly wrecked the world economy, demanded bailouts, had the public carry them and then continue their despicably greedy ways. Not that greed is bad, but at some point it goes "beyond the dreams of avarice".

14. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    And Nick, no offense, but your signature says you're a "Proud Gold Member". There's a bit of irony in your post.

15. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    So true. Like a "proud DirecTV customer" or any company for that matter (Apple comes to mind). I guess I'm a "proud IRS customer!" I think "proud" is the wrong word. Maybe "supportive" ? :scratch:

16. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    Proud air breather since..... :lol:

17. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    No, not irony... just a co-inky-dink. :p