newson and ultraflex 4k app coming to the new hopper 3 dvr?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bluegras, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    i want to let you know about some apps that i would like to see on the new hopper 3 dvr

NEWSON APP
    what news on is if a tv broadcaster streams their newscasts most likely they will be broadcasting on this app
    http://newson.us/
    NewsON provides instant access to a nationwide lineup of local news video, including live broadcasts, time-shifted broadcasts, and short clips, available anytime, anywhere for free

ultraflix 4k hd app
    https://ultraflix.com About UltraFlix™
    Offering the world's largest library of 4K content, UltraFlix is a streaming network that enables subscribers to choose from over 600 hours of pristine 4K Ultra HD Video on Demand content in a broad range of venues categories plus 100 hours of free content. UltraFlix has also become the preferred 4K STB and Smart TV App for leading 4K Smart TV manufacturers including Hi-Sense, Samsung, Sony, Vizio and others that are in the process of completing their testing and integration.
    what do you guys think about this

here are some more

Shutterfly
    . Turn the photos you love into award-winning photo books, meaningful cards, imaginative photo gifts, home decor and so much more.
    https://www.shutterfly.com

Lyve
    You've taken thousands of photos over the years. And while the promise of enjoying your photos is the reason you took them, the time and effort required to manage all that content has likely sentenced your memories to a lifetime in storage captivity. That's where Lyve comes in. Download the app on your phone and computer, and Lyve automatically collects photos and videos stored on those devices, and displays them in one organized view. Set those 80s photos free, my friend.
    https://www.mylyve.com
    Thanks

Allen bluegras

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I wouldn't start holding your breath for either, especially Ultraflix. Ultraflix is a rental service that would or could, impact Dish's PPV sales.

And why would you want it? You've posted in other places you don't have enough internet bandwidth to stream 4K video at all.

3. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    Dishnetwork press release. THey plan to hire 100 App Developers.
    This would be to add apps just like this. Either the same apps mentioned on something similar.
    The future is TV apps, Apples CEO also said this.

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I would love a set top box that would do it all! But that particular product just does not exist today. Sure, most of them hit the big apps, but not all of them. For instance, my Android TVOS powered Sharp TV doesn't have Amazon Prime nor does any android TVOS powered TV other than Sony. AppleTV doesn't have Amazon Prime either and the messages about whether it ever will or not have been very mixed. And that's just a little off the top of my head.

It would be nice if Dish could get apps on the Hopper 3 as long as they don't dog the system down. That's been an issue with Direct for years and to a somewhat lesser extent, Dish too.

5. Blowgun

Blowgun DHMO User

May 23, 2008
    Western Arc
    @bluegras

Just letting you know that the text color of each paragraph in your post fades into nothing. The faded parts are only readable when highlighted.

1 person likes this.
  6. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    The release just said "100 Tech jobs" for a "Software Development Office", it didn't specifically say 100 developers, 100 app developers, or that they would be developing 3rd party apps to run on Dish equipment.

The "100 Tech jobs" aren't all developers, the hiring website also mentions they're hiring office managers, program administrators, product owners and test engineers.

Developers are used for a lot more than just 3rd party app development. They handle the Sling TV and Dish apps for various devices like Android and iOS, the firmware that runs on the receivers, their websites, to things that aren't even directly used by the end user like the software that runs on their computers and servers.

7. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    hey guys if you want to get these apps to come let dish know or contact these companies and let them know about for the new hopper 3 dvr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.